Should I purchase through Wirefly?

FerraraZ

Gawd
I gave Wirefly a call but the guy on the other line wasnt really helpful in answering my question. I gave him plenty of time but when it became apparent he just wanted me to order service, I hung up.

It seems like Wirefly has the best prices while allowing me to put some features on a Verizon Family Plan unlike Amazon Wireless (only allowed me to have 500 msgs on a line that I need 5000).

The problem lies that my employer offers a 20% discount to Verizon. I definitely want to take advantage of this but am unsure if I order from Wirefly if they'll hit me with fee's because I'm applying this discount and "changing" my plan.

I eyeing up either the Thunderbolt or Samsung Charge for me and two free flip phones for the family plan.

I've bought from Wirefly in the past. Never had a problem and their return process is easy.

Wirefly cleaned up their act a bit, but they used to be the biggest scumbag bait & switchers around a few years ago. That being said, if you have a corporate discount on verizon, and you try to add it within 6 months of getting a phone with Wirefly, they WILL charge your card a $400 fee per phone line that you added. I researched it recently when I was looking into going with Verizon and T-Mobile, and they said that was their policy for both companies.

Honestly? Spend the extra few bucks and go to either a corporate store or best buy. NOTHING compares to being able to bring your phone into a store and getting it swapped out immediately, vs having to ship it back to Wirefly and waiting for them to ship you another. That's what you'll face if you have to exchange your phone within 30 days.

I'd go to a corporate location, tell them you are considering wirefly or best buy and see if they'll at least meet you in the middle price-wise. They'll actually get you setup right the first time and you'll probably save money in the end because your plan is not all fucked up. Also if you have any issues with your phone you can just go back there to have it replaced or fixed or whatever. I'd go with amazon over wirefly if you want to go online IMO.

If you have 4 lines go with an unlimited text plan, the 5k text plan is $20 for one line whereas the unlimited for all 4 lines would be $24. It's a no brainer. It sounds like you need a little help with plans so go to a corporate location NOT an 'authorized retailer'. Take a paystub from work with you and they'll apply your discount immediately.

Wirefly cleaned up their act a bit, but they used to be the biggest scumbag bait & switchers around a few years ago. That being said, if you have a corporate discount on verizon, and you try to add it within 6 months of getting a phone with Wirefly, they WILL charge your card a $400 fee per phone line that you added. I researched it recently when I was looking into going with Verizon and T-Mobile, and they said that was their policy for both companies.

Honestly? Spend the extra few bucks and go to either a corporate store or best buy. NOTHING compares to being able to bring your phone into a store and getting it swapped out immediately, vs having to ship it back to Wirefly and waiting for them to ship you another. That's what you'll face if you have to exchange your phone within 30 days.

See now this is what angers me because I asked the Wirefly associate if I'd be hit with a fee if I went to Verizon's store and applied an employee discount and he assured me "no and if theres a problem you can blame me".

Just received this email from Wirefly just now.

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Per your email below, you are able to place an order and have your employee discount added to your account with the carrier. For assistance with purchasing a wireless device, you can contact our Sales Department at 1-800-552-9000.

We hope this addresses your question, but feel free to reply to this email if we may be of further assistance. "

Now I dont know who to believe because they're saying a completely different thing than one of the posters.

Honestly, why take a chance? How much could you possibly be saving to deal with the potential drama?

Back