Should I pick this guy up?

Unless you really don't want a Catleap, or whichever you chose for $350 ish, then I don't think the U2711 is bad. Apart from the anti-glare coating :)
 
I see that same model on Amazon for $820. I think for the $20, I rather get it from Amazon than some guy on craigslist. Or make a counter offer at $650 or something, and see if he goes for it.

My preference would be for one of the korean displays, Samsung PLS, or possibly the newer glossy 27"er Dell is coming out with (assuming it's glossy). The AG coating was a big problem for me.
 
The Samsung S27A850D sells for around 750-850$, get that if you want a matte 1440p display. The U2711 should be avoided due to the extremely grainy matte coating and a few other reasons.
 
Unless you really don't want a Catleap, or whichever you chose for $350 ish, then I don't think the U2711 is bad. Apart from the anti-glare coating :)

I might just jump on one of those instead, seeing as many are happy with theres and saying that there colors are on point.
 
Back
Top