Should I or should I not? Raid 0 hgst 2 x 3TB burstcoin mining

Hitti2

Limp Gawd
I have already HGST Ultrastar A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, and another on the way.

Should I raid 0 64 strip these two.

The work that is gonna be done on these is called burstcoin mining.

Read/writes will be faster.

I do have few things to factor in.

I have a vantec sata3 raid card that will be running the raid.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287028

I do have an omnivs1000 power backup.

https://www.tripplite.com/omnivs-120v-1000va-500w-line-interactive-ups-tower-usb-port~OMNIVS1000/

So if powerloss happens raid wont be lost. Also another factor, data isnt important for this raid 0 setup.

What do you guys think?

I think the question is better placed in them "mining" sub forum. Not sure if Distributed computing can help lots; but my guess it: doesn't matter too much for neither mining nor crunching. Else get a single SSD. That's what's drives my Boxen, simple 128GB INTE SSD

Well since being introduced to burst from here I have gone into it myself and raid 0 is pointless the only thing it will accomplish is if 1 drive dies the whole plot will be gone instead of just 1 and you will need to replot the 2 remaining drives instead of just the 1.

I would not waste any money on controller cards instead put that towards another drive. You will be better off making a bigger farm than wasting money on equipment you don't need.

The only thing that matters after plotting is read speed. Raid technically will help that but not enough to be worth going into. Over having 3 plot files on each drive it will depend on what method you plot with gpu is faster but not optimized if you use xplotter and crank it out on CPU it will start optimized.
If you use the optimizer you will need a second array the same size

Last edited:
I got a reponse from team-burst.us

Individual drives will be faster than Raid 0 as the miners are multithreaded and can read both drives simultaneously.

Back