• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I have waited

Chris0516

n00b
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
8
I previously asked a comparative question. Here is the thread: Creative Labs Audigy 5/Rx vs Creative Labs Z SE

As I mentioned in the thread, I went ahead n' bought the Z SE. Newegg.com had the Creative Labs Z SE at $110 n' the Creative Labs AE-5 Plus at $160.

My birthday is in less than 5 days. One early present was $100. Now I see the AE-5 Plus for $132 on another site. So, Is there much difference between the Z SE n' the AE-5 PLUS?

That is why the title of the thread.
 
I previously asked a comparative question. Here is the thread: Creative Labs Audigy 5/Rx vs Creative Labs Z SE

As I mentioned in the thread, I went ahead n' bought the Z SE. Newegg.com had the Creative Labs Z SE at $110 n' the Creative Labs AE-5 Plus at $160.

My birthday is in less than 5 days. One early present was $100. Now I see the AE-5 Plus for $132 on another site. So, Is there much difference between the Z SE n' the AE-5 PLUS?

That is why the title of the thread.
I have both the Z and two AE-5s in my rigs. I love them all. I don't use the Z anymore because I upgraded to both rigs with AE-5s because the drivers are newer and would likely be supported for longer since it's a generation newer. Other than that there are probably some nitty gritty details that don't matter much to me as they both are very beastly cards. Both sound amazing and are very powerful for headphones or a digital 5.1 for example. Actually my 2 favorite sound cards of all time and I won't even sell the Z and just keep it as a backup it's just as sweet as the AE-,5s just last gen. Audio quality is night and day difference compared to even high end on board I never have never will use on board these sound blasters are incredible.
 
I run an AE-5 in my gaming pc. Pair it with schiit magni for my DT-880 head phones. Also a pair of cr5 mackies. Haven't felt the need to change anything about my audio setup in about 2 years now. Still my favorite setup at the house until we get to my infinity reference setup in the basement theater. But this is pretty compact
 
I have both the Z and two AE-5s in my rigs. I love them all. I don't use the Z anymore because I upgraded to both rigs with AE-5s because the drivers are newer and would likely be supported for longer since it's a generation newer. Other than that there are probably some nitty gritty details that don't matter much to me as they both are very beastly cards. Both sound amazing and are very powerful for headphones or a digital 5.1 for example. Actually my 2 favorite sound cards of all time and I won't even sell the Z and just keep it as a backup it's just as sweet as the AE-,5s just last gen. Audio quality is night and day difference compared to even high end on board I never have never will use on board these sound blasters are incredible.
I may do what you did, and. Keep the Z SE as a backup. Depending on, if. I get the AE-5 Plus from my one of my relatives' for my birthday(5\16).
 
I have both the Z and two AE-5s in my rigs. I love them all. I don't use the Z anymore because I upgraded to both rigs with AE-5s because the drivers are newer and would likely be supported for longer since it's a generation newer. Other than that there are probably some nitty gritty details that don't matter much to me as they both are very beastly cards. Both sound amazing and are very powerful for headphones or a digital 5.1 for example. Actually my 2 favorite sound cards of all time and I won't even sell the Z and just keep it as a backup it's just as sweet as the AE-,5s just last gen. Audio quality is night and day difference compared to even high end on board I never have never will use on board these sound blasters are incredible.
I got word from the relative, that. The AE-5 PLUS will be here June 2, 2025. My sound has still been iffy, at times.
 
Back
Top