Should I go with XL2370?

jnh

n00b
I am shopping for a display to play Halo 3 ODST, and occasionally watch movies. I want the least amount of screen lag possible in a lcd form. I'm willing to pay upwards of 1K for the ideal solution (i.e. an IPS widescreen with no lag) but I don't think it exists. The Samsung XL2370 seems to be the best option from what I've found, but I'd rather have some educated opinion before deciding. Found it new for just under $300 with free shipping, and slightly used for $200.

Samsung XL2370
LED edge-lit backlight
23"
250 cd/m
5,000,000:1 MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio (1000:1 Static CR)
1920 x 1080
16:9 Widescreen
2ms(G2G)
16.7M

Here is a youtube comparison against Samsung's P2570. Also someone mentioned in a review that they would prefer a 16:10 claiming it is ideal for gaming, does it matter much? It is very thin and looks great in my opinion. I have considered going with a Sony FW900 crt monitor. They have amazing quality, but also consume power and quite a bit of space. Is there a monitor that will rival it at this time? Anything coming out that might be worth waiting for? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I absolutely love mine, it is much nicer than the typical tn displays I've owned before. I liked mine so much I convinced a friend to get one and they feel the same way I do. For gaming I'd say its the best bang for the buck right now if you don't need any more size.

Outside of 120px I'm not sure what is missing? I wasn't entirely sure about this unit, but since Best Buy has a pretty liberal return policy I threw the dice, and I'm glad I did. Great image quality with some pretty quick tweaking, stand doesn't wobble (as some have reported), no blue bleed through on mine (as a couple have reported), overall very happy.

From what I've recently read, the Dell U2410 seems to be the answer I've been looking for. Perhaps I just didn't know how to ask. Does any other brand use the same display, such as HP, NEC, etc.?

Outside of 120px I'm not sure what is missing? I wasn't entirely sure about this unit, but since Best Buy has a pretty liberal return policy I threw the dice, and I'm glad I did. Great image quality with some pretty quick tweaking, stand doesn't wobble (as some have reported), no blue bleed through on mine (as a couple have reported), overall very happy.

I think the stand only wobbles if they don't screw the base in tight enough.

Back