Should I go wireless? Linksys MIMO or Other?

amadeus00

Limp Gawd
I am thinking about going wireless in my house as running hard wires to my game room is very difficult. I have a HTPC in the game room and would like to have it on my home network. I have the wire on the floor and the wifey is not liking it.

Currently using Linksys router for the past 6 year and has never failed. I need to upgrade to something like SRX200. Will the WRT54GX2 be fast enought to stream raw MPEG2 files? Should I consider something with 108? My main concern is speed and reliability. Firmware upgrades are definitly a plus if it allows me to "upgrade" via firmware. Please advise.

Pre-N/MIMO....I've setup many of them...and LOVE THEM. Man...what a difference. Range is incredible, just punches down hallways, through walls, through ceilings. Works great.

And you can use an old B or G adapters and still get the range increase.

Since I just recently got the Beklin Pre N wireless router, I will have to recammend it for you.

So far it has been excellent. In range and in speed through about 4-5 walls, and i get a 97% signal strenght.

I also enjoy the web interface of the Belkin over Linksys, my previous wired router.

Also, it is a 108Mbps.

And thanks to YeOldstonecat for pointing me in the direction of Belkin.

Back