Here is my current system:
Antec Sonta w/380 watt True Power
Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu w/ Arctic Silver 5 (40c idle, 45c load)
Abit NF7-S rev2.0 | BIOS D22 Alpha 1 Bk Turbo
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (locked) @ 2311mhz (210x11) @ 1.8volts
2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200c2 @ 2-2-3-11 @ 2.9volts
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb @ overdrive
Western Digital 120gb ata100/8mb HDD
3d mark 01 ~14000
3d mark 03 ~4200
I have someone who wants to buy the 2500+ for $70, and someone who wants to buy the 9600xt for $125. I also just sold my logitech z640 speakers for $30 (I use headphones now).
This is what I want to get to replace the cpu and video card (from newegg):
Athlon XP 2600-M for $100
Leadtek GeForce 6800 for $282
Considering what I've sold, this upgrade would cost me about $160. If I go through with it, It will be my last major upgrade before going to a PCI-E motherboard/video card and 64 bit cpu. What do you think?
Antec Sonta w/380 watt True Power
Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu w/ Arctic Silver 5 (40c idle, 45c load)
Abit NF7-S rev2.0 | BIOS D22 Alpha 1 Bk Turbo
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (locked) @ 2311mhz (210x11) @ 1.8volts
2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200c2 @ 2-2-3-11 @ 2.9volts
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb @ overdrive
Western Digital 120gb ata100/8mb HDD
3d mark 01 ~14000
3d mark 03 ~4200
I have someone who wants to buy the 2500+ for $70, and someone who wants to buy the 9600xt for $125. I also just sold my logitech z640 speakers for $30 (I use headphones now).
This is what I want to get to replace the cpu and video card (from newegg):
Athlon XP 2600-M for $100
Leadtek GeForce 6800 for $282
Considering what I've sold, this upgrade would cost me about $160. If I go through with it, It will be my last major upgrade before going to a PCI-E motherboard/video card and 64 bit cpu. What do you think?