• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I go for more?

dave_borg98

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
154
I want to say think you to those that have put their time into this forum to give the info and knowledge to keep me from screwing up my computer when I overclocked. The guide is a great tool and I suggest anyone that is starting out needs to read it a few times. I have a A64@2.22 and 1 GB mismatched ram (pc3200) running 2-3-3-7 1T all running in an MSI NEO2 Plat. To get the 2.22GHz I have it at 247*9 and running stable. I am wondering if going higher will make a difference in gaming (BF2 mainly) or if it would just be to say I did? I still get a slight lag (mainly when there is an explosion or a lot of different things on the screen) when I am playing BF2 1024x768 with everything maxed. Also, my temps are running 40-42c idle and 48-49c load. I have not messed with voltages yet or any memory timings (I let the system do it). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
 
Overclocking your venice more will make games play better, and it will increase your FPS. I would start bumping up the voltage and monitoring your temps. Make sure you know what you are doing, that venice should be able to run 2.4-2.6 on air just fine. You might have to throw in some dividers for the memory though.
 
Back
Top