• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I get X-Fi? Please help!

A fair asessment of the X-Fi. I found that my old Steely Dan cds sound really nice. Almost more crisp than on my Home Theatre set up which has a Yamaha receiver and Klipsch reference speakers.
Games are smooth and sound is placed nicely when the player moves or turns.
I recommend it too.
Just to recap.....though......the XRAM models are not available(widely) yet and have no certain ETA. There are scattered reports of people who have them....but they are not available anywhere yet in quantity. You can now order from Creative online and get the two lowest cost models, or go to BestBuy. I believe that all online dealers will have the lower models available around 22 September....Creative gave BB a 1 month headstart on everyone else according to what Ive read. :D
 
faji_tama said:
That's the thing, I don't know if I need the others. Well, I don't do headphones, and I don't see the point of a remote to be honest. And considering how I JUST got my Klipsch, I probably won't be buying new speakers anytime soon (probably not until my next system, which... will probably be a couple years down the road), so... The only things I do a lot of on my computer are listening to music, and gaming, so I don't have any need for audio creation either.


Dude...after Quakecon, listening to the surround positional audio on headphones with the X-Fi, thats the only reason I am buying one...the headphones in games totally kick ass, I am going to throw my 5.1 headphones away and get some that sound good since the X-Fi with stereo headphones has better surround that true surround headphones!
 
I use a USB headset. I am assuming that you get the improved headphone audio using either USB or plugged with an RCA jack directly into the card, but I have to be sure.

So, do you get the improved headphone audio with the X-Fi through a USB instead of plugging directly into the card?

Thanks!
 
Serpico said:
I use a USB headset. I am assuming that you get the improved headphone audio using either USB or plugged with an RCA jack directly into the card, but I have to be sure.

So, do you get the improved headphone audio with the X-Fi through a USB instead of plugging directly into the card?

Thanks!

Nope. The USB completely bypasses the sound card.
 
Good to know. Thanks.

PS - This really bums me out. I'd rather not get a new headset, plus a splitter so I can use both my 5.1 speakers and headset at once. I don't want to go back behind my case to switch between my speakers and headphones.

My USB headset makes it so convenient. Plug it in and the speaker output is disabled. Too bad it apparently doesn't benefit from what the X-Fi has to offer.
 
DaRkF0g said:
Sorry I know older sound cards, that was a midi jack. I have never used it before, so I really dont know what its exact prupose is.

Hey, no biggie!

The more I use mine, the more I like it.

Donnie27
 
Back
Top