Should I get VGA Silencer or Giant II

I'm looking to buy a new heatsink for my video card and am wondering if I should buy the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer or Thermaltake Giant II. Which one would be best to cool my 9700pro? Also a little afraid of the death stories I'm hearing from the VGA Silencer.

Im grabbin one tommorow cant wait. Sure it may be louder but i think its overall a better product.. Just IMHO.

I'd go for the Silencer, personally.

My 9800 non-pro is running 450/360 with it, completely artifact free :) Installation was a breeze as well

VGA Silencer. The Giant III is louder and just dumps all it's heat into the rest of your case.

the Giant series looks too big, seems like if i move my case around it might break the agp slot :eek:
just my opinion

Originally posted by _Korruption_
VGA Silencer. The Giant III is louder and just dumps all it's heat into the rest of your case.

The heats going somewhere... either in your case or on your video card, where would you like it? If you have good ventilation, shouldn't matter anyways.

I would go with the Giant III because I have a Giant II with a 80mm on it and it works great, and is whisper quiet :) If you think the Giant 3 is too noisy, just put in ur own silent 80mm fan on top.

Originally posted by DaLurker
The heats going somewhere... either in your case or on your video card, where would you like it? If you have good ventilation, shouldn't matter anyways.

I would go with the Giant III because I have a Giant II with a 80mm on it and it works great, and is whisper quiet :) If you think the Giant 3 is too noisy, just put in ur own silent 80mm fan on top.

with the VGA Silencer, the hot air is going out of the case.. not staying inside. it pumps air from inside the case, over the fins, then out of the case..

my vga silencer dropped my case temps from 33c to 29c... and its quiet, and i can get 100mhz OCs on my 9800np with it.

I have asked this in a different thread but no responses yet...but is there a way to passively cool an ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 (in my sig) since I am running a shuttle and don't have room for the VGA Silencer and such but I want to make as quiet as possible :(

only passive cooler that MIGHT work on a 9800pro is a zalman but that wont fit in a shuttle so NO.

Back