• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I Get the i730 From Microcenter?

gist901

Weaksauce
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
95
So i am moving in a week or two, and where I am moving to does not have a Microcenter around :( They are still currently selling the i730 at $200, a $100 cheaper than most places.

My conundrum is that I do plan on building a new system but not for at least another two months (max)

So should I buy the processor before I move and hold onto i730 till I do my system upgrade, or hold onto my money and just continue to play the waiting ( which is what I always seem to do b/c something newer and bigger is always coming out :p)

Thanks for your responses in advance

Gist
 
One thing to note is that you can get an i7 930 on ebay every day for $190 to $225 shipped.
 
Seems like a safe purchase for the next 2 months. $199 for a new i7-930 is a good price.
 
Isn't anything comming out for that tier and price for at least a year or two and then, you're gonna have to upgrade your mobo and ram to the new 2011 socket. Personally didn't see much gains going from the E8400 overclocked to 4ghz to the I7 920 @ 3.6ghz. I don't think processors are holding us back currently even on an ssd drive. So I'd invest and call it day for the next 5 years. I think most innovation now has to come from software that takes advantage of what we have current for hardware to warrant upgrading again in the future.
 
While I doubt this will happen, i7 950's drop to $294 at the end of the month, and you might see them at MC for $199.
 
While I doubt this will happen, i7 950's drop to $294 at the end of the month, and you might see them at MC for $199.
If that happens, I seriously wish they would build a MC down here in Florida. Sucks not being exposed to deals like they have.

$199 for the i7 930 is fantastic.
 
You can buy it now and leave the box unopened. That way if you change your mind about the cpu, you can just put it up on ebay and get your money back for it.
 
Back
Top