Should I Get the 9800 Pro?

am71ap1

n00b
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
57
My computer specs are:

P4 3.06b
intel d875pbz
1 gb corsair xms
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
sb audigy 2

I think I messed up my GeForce 5900 Ultra by flashing the BIOS on it to the Evga performance BIOS, then re-flashing to default after lock-ups. My 3DMark '03 scores are 4703, and I know it should be higher, because about 2 months ago, the scores were in hte mid to low 5000's.

My assumption is I could have hosed up the card by flashing it, and this is why I've made several posts about upgrading something in my computer.

So, should I go ahead and get a 9800 pro like I really want to do, since I had a friend come over for a LAN, and his computer isn't any better than mine, but he has a 9800 Pro, and his games run soooo much better, and he turns up everything to max settings (FSAA all the way up). With my 5900 Ultra, I "turn things up" to 2x AA/2x AF, and I would like to play all my games at really high settings.

Besides, I know that ATi kills Nvidia in terms of more AA/AF.

Thanks.
 
If you have the money, get the 9800XT.

If you dont have the money, get the 9800Pro.
 
actually he did, the only question that you asked that had a question mark and that was in proper english, was the one that you asking the the topic title, "SHould I get the 9800 pro, think before you type.
 
Too bad search doesn't work. This question gets asked at least twice a day. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top