Should I get another Antec P160?

BobbyD

n00b
I got an Antec P160, the one with the window, from Newegg. I had to RMA it after a bunch of problems I wasn't willing to deal with. I was just going to have them replace it, but they ran out of stock and now I just got a refund. The thing is I really liked the look of the case. However, if their quality control is this bad I don't know if I should get another case from them. I'm already out the shipping for the original case and shipping back for the RMA, and I'll be out shipping for another case when I get one. I don't want to have to pay even more shipping if I get another P160 and it's screwy again. Plus newegg won't have any more P160's with the windowed side in for a week, and they're now $20 more than what I paid and was refunded to me.

For those that are interested, these are the problems I had with the case. First, the two turn knobs that keep the side on fell off during shipping. I found 4 very small screws bouncing around in the box as well as a scratch on the side of the case, which I assume was from the screws bouncing around. I tried to screw the knobs back on with those screws, but there was no way they would hold because they were just too small. The funny thing is that one of the knobs has a key for it, but they don't even bother having screws that hold it in. I found that the air filter was ripped in the corner. One of the fans didn't work, and I found a big glob of glue blocking the blades. The hard drive LED never worked. The front audio connector was apparently backwards, because the audio from it was reversed. The LCD display it has started going bad after a week. It would go out and I would have to tap on the display to get it to work. Some of the thumbscrews just didn't line up right. Once you took them out there was no way to get them tight without a screwdriver. Also, my DVD burner didn't work with the drive covers, although I guess that's not really problem with the case.

If one case could pass quality control with this many problems, I really don't know if I want to risk getting another one, no matter how pretty it looks. Even if they didn't look at the electrical stuff, they should've easily picked up that the knobs weren't on there right, and the air filter was ripped.

too long of a thread man, didnt read it all

but the p 160wf is a spiffy looking case, id try it again

Back