• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I get a SATA RAID card?

xp3nd4bl3

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
2,259
I've been using 4x SATA drives in storage spaces parity mode in Win2012R2 for ages now. I'm getting ready to rebuild my home server with Windows 2016. I'm tired of the crappy sequential write performance of storage spaces and I'm thinking of picking up a 9260-4i since they seem popular and can be had for less than $50. Am I correct in assuming that the performance will be way better?

My server will go largely unused for days at a time so I'd like to be able to spin down my drives when idle. That seems like an issue with the 9260-4i, am I correct there, too?

Any reason not to get the 9260-8i in case I want to add another RAID set later?

Looking for some feedback. Thanks :)
 
Okay, I definitely want to get a RAID card. What should I be looking at on eBay for under $100? There seem to be newer versions of the 9260-4i. Should I care? What about Areca?
 
Back
Top