Should I get a headphone amp to go with my DT 770's (250)

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
At the end of the summer, I bought my Creative X-Fi and these DT 770's (250 ohm). I've enjoyed them a lot. They are definitely a huge step up from my old Sennheiser 495's or whatever I had. Anyways, I know that my headphones have more impedance than the 80 ohm version, and thus, I was wondering whether I should get a headphone amp for them. I mean, would the difference be worth it? I use these for DVD's, music, and games. Can someone give me advice about this, and a certain headphone amp I should get (if thats the recommended path). Thanks for the help.

Oh....and if you guys could mention prices with your suggestions, it'd be most appreciated.

I really don't want to spend more than about 100 dollars...

Can you tell me what kind and how much it would cost? And....what would an amp to the sound coming from the headphones?

Khaydarin said:
How much more? And how much of an improvement do they make?

Well an amp should make a huge difference for your cans. As for prices, just pm mister x and ask him any questions you have.

amps are HUGE improvements. I'd try to find a pimeta, they are pretty decent amps, I love mine and I drive bigger cans than those.

Back