Should I Get a 8800GTS 512?

Stankia

n00b
I decided to upgrade my Video Card because I have a X1300 now and the 8800GTS 512 seems like the right choice. There is one for sale for 240 bucks (MSI). Seems like a good deal. But nVidia just released the 9800GTX and nVidia should drop the prices on the 8800GTS 512 because the performance between the two is very similar. Or maybe ATI will drop the prices on the 3870 X2 because the 9800GTX seems to perform better for a lower price. I waited almost two years for a upgrade and really wanna play the new games that came out since my X1800XT just stopped working almost two years ago. What do you guys think I should do?

Be sure you have a PCI-E slot and not AGP :)
What PSU do you have, which CPU and how much ram?

If you get an 8800GTS 512 at current sale prices, it's quite a savings over a 9800GTX. I paid $360 for my GTS back in December. The 8800GTS 512's are very well priced. Waiting for something better/cheaper isn't always practical, you could be enjoying some good gaming now. And it's one hell of an upgrade over the X1300:cool:

Be sure you have a PCI-E slot and not AGP :)
What PSU do you have, which CPU and how much ram?

Gigabyte P35 MB, E6600 running at 3.1GHz, 2GB or RAM. Thanks guys for the suggestions I'm going to get the 8800GTS. If I pick the 3 day shipping, will it get to me by Friday?

pffft, I paid $215 like a week ago. Bought two. MIR suck, period. I got two of these and could only do one MIR (one per household, blah). Still, witcher free which I would have purchased eventually, so saved $40 there. I can only get the mem to 1030 but the chip seems to do 760 - 100 over - just fine.

Stankia, as for the shipping I'd say you're fine going with the UPS 3 day guaranteed shipping, most people say they receive their items in 1 or 2 days. Heck $20 over the GT I was looking @, I'm thinking I'll get this OC'd MSI GTS :D

Back