• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

should I change my board ??

billtaco

n00b
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
46
my board : Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 (PCI-E 1.1)~~poor!!
CUP : QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 3400 MHz (8.5 x 400)
RAM : DDR2 1066 2Gx2
videocard : 4870x2 DDR5 2G ==> PCIE2.0
P45 is too unstable, and X38 or X48 is too expansive
Must I change my board to X series ???
 
Are you having problems? There isn't much of a difference between PCI-E 1.1 and 2.0 for current gen cards. You may see a little performance increase if you upgraded to an x38 or x48 board, but if the boards are out of your price range, I wouldn't worry about it.
 
then get a p43...:)...actually p45 are one of the good boards out now...x boards if u want x16 crossfire...but if u only use 1 vid card p45 or p43.... this are the last line of lga775 u can upgrade to...
 
I think you may see a difference between PCIe 2 and 1, only because it's crossfire on a card.

You can get a nice DFI board for decently cheap.

How are you poor and you afford an X2? :p
 
my board : Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 (PCI-E 1.1)~~poor!!
CUP : QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 3400 MHz (8.5 x 400)
RAM : DDR2 1066 2Gx2
videocard : 4870x2 DDR5 2G ==> PCIE2.0
P45 is too unstable, and X38 or X48 is too expansive
Must I change my board to X series ???

What makes you say P45 is unstable? I've worked with a few P45 boards and I've never found that to be the case.
 
p45 i had was awesomesauce, the only reason i got rid of it was the 8x/8x pci in crossfire which probably didnt make much difference going to 16x/16x


id get a p45 if your using a single card. asus maximus formula II was nice, a bit pricey.
 
Back
Top