• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I buy X34A?

fisker770

n00b
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
12
So theres a deal on a X34A for 999 USD. should I go for it?

since the X35 / VG35 is moved back to Q4 or even later.


Thanks :)
 
I really like my Acer X34. Bought it about a year ago for I think $630ish for a refurb. Surprisingly looked completely like new without any dead/stuck pixels and achieved the 100Hz overclock.

It's up to you if you want to go for it. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to using a 16:9 as my primary.
 
I have owned my x34 for about a year and a half, I was only able to OC to 95hz before I could see lines, but other then that I really like mine.
I would say about 50% of the games I play (FO4, Tekken 7) don't support 3440x1440, but that can be fixed with some .ini tweaks.
I would rather own a 42" 100hz IPS 16:9 screen, but those don't really exists yet unless you go TV. All in all, I think the x34 is a great screen until 4k 144hz 37-42" monitors can be had for less then $1300.
 
I've had it for 14days(sorry for being unclear),

but theres bleed in the top left and bottem left thats tough for me to live with :l i can see it constantly even in subnautica which is a bright game, if youre not diving. with 25brightness setting. abit too expensive for what i got in my opinion. sadly. So bummed they keep pushing back their new models



thanks for replying guys
 
with these X34 and the ASUS brand mostly have the scan line problems. The scan line problem doesn't really bother me that much, but it's there and annoying. I say wait for a new fresh ultrawide and see if they fix the scan line problems.
 
Back
Top