Should i buy an Alienware?

No..you should spend lots of money and build it your self ;)

no. i wouldnt buy an alienware if i had lots of money to. pick out some high end parts and an awesome case thats part of the fun.

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..

alienwares were killer back in the day.. but they have fallen to crap ever since they got bought out..

you've been a member of [H]ardocp for 3.3 years.. by now you should know how to build a system your self..

and why the heck are you posting this in the overclocking/cooling section of the forum.. this belongs in general hardware..

you could also buy a gold and diamond encrusted iphone for $500,000
which would be equally wise.

Where do you live? If you live close to me, I will be willing to help you build you a comp. I can always use some money. We can build a comp identical to alienware if you want.

Trolls and failed attempts at sarcasm go well for the television watchers.

Sigh.. after 3.3 years here and you ask that question??

If that's the case, I'd say "yes" and get it over with. Can you do muuuuuuuch better?

Good God Yes.

lol i think its time for a ban poll to be added to this.. 3.3 years... :shakeshead:...

Should i buy an Alienware?

facepalm.jpg

Total Posts: 23

HOW?!

(no one should ever buy an alienware btw)

Only if your too lazy or not interested in building your own rig.

Yes you should buy a Alienware. You will get exactly what you deserve. I hear they make a great model just for Trolls. It doesn't have a monitor. You see, it's not needed as they don't actually read any of the posts, or read what they type.

Short answer no, long answer no you should learn how to build a computer and diagnose it. Alienware is a horrible company you should never contribute to their bad business, horrible customer server and their corner cutting ways.

Short answer no, long answer no you should learn how to build a computer and diagnose it. Alienware is a horrible company you should never contribute to their bad business, horrible customer server and their corner cutting ways.

blame dell not alienwares.. there isnt anything from the original alienwares left.. its all dell.. they just keep the name to milk what ever is left of it.. plus its just cheaper to run a popular name brand then it is to dump the alienwares name and make a new one..

+2... I want to believe you're not serious about getting an Alienware, man... =/

If you are, OP, I highly suggest you invest your money in a Murderbox... WAAAAAAAY better than what an Alienware will ever be.

perhaps murderbox is better, but the web site sucks or is still under construction. no real information there.

Back a long time ago, I had an Alienware box. When they used the steel Chieftec Dragon case.
The computer was just fine, but cost a bunch. Service/support was really spotty and catered to people who believed that the only way to fix anything was to send the box all the way to Miami. Alienware's model was to make the customer believe ther was something magical about the box that only they knew how to fix.

I know nothing about the company today, other than they are an extension of Dell now.

If you are looking for a custom pre-built machine, there are many better companies nowadays.

To name a few.....PugetSystems,VelocityMicro,Overdrive,Maingear, and XXXXXXXX.(all cheaper and at least as good as Alienware)

The main advantage of the builder SHOULD be customer service......for the extra money you should get superior service and a solid warranty.
I'd place this thread in Generalhardware and ask the question a different way.......which builder would you suggest???

i think we can officially close this thread now.. the guy has not responded and honestly should just get slapped with a ban anyways..

no to Alienware...yes to build it yourself...it's much easier then you think and you'll learn a lot and know how to build future rigs yourself

that being said if you must by a custom PC, I recommend Falcon Northwest...I bought one of my first PC's through them (before learning how to build myself) and it was a beauty...the cabling, installation etc were very well done

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Yes you should buy a Alienware. You will get exactly what you deserve. I hear they make a great model just for Trolls. It doesn't have a monitor. You see, it's not needed as they don't actually read any of the posts, or read what they type.

Hehehe......made me laugh......picture a huge plastic Alienware computer that looks like one of those gnome guys with the red hat....."New this month......the Alienware Troll DX4....equipped with a Core 2 6300,2GB of RAM,and a blazing fast nvidia GeForce 8600 GT GPU......fine tuned with all of our expensive add-on software.......get 10% off the regular price of $4500....."

Back