Should I bite on this deal?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 210069
  • Start date
instead of making everybody add it to their cart to see the price, just state it in the OP. $1399
camelcamelcamel shows this set was going for $1097 a couple weeks ago so it's not the cheapest it has been but still seems like a decent deal. as far as the tv goes, i have the 32" D5500 which is the series below the 6000's and i absolutely love it. fantastic picture. i'm not sure how well that translates to the set you're looking at so take it for what it's worth. dig around avsforum official thread and see what people have to say about it.
 
Last edited:
instead of making everybody add it to their cart to see the price, just state it in the OP. $1399
camelcamelcamel shows this set was going for $1097 a couple weeks ago so it's not the cheapest it has been but still seems like a decent deal. as far as the tv goes, i have the 32" D5500 which is the series below the 6000's and i absolutely love it. fantastic picture. i'm not sure how well that translates to the set you're looking at so take it for what it's worth. dig around avsforum official thread and see what people have to say about it.

Sorry, as I am always logged in Amazon the price was just displayed.

Edit: That camel site is wrong though, it was out of stock during that period from Amazon.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that has an unopened box from Black Friday at BB.

He wants to sell me at cost of ~$1250.

My first concern is the warranty has been ticking.

Also...it is a "SF" model. Not really sure what that means, but if its for BF sale I assume the quality is lowered.
 
i never buy big ticket HDTV's from online retailers. Would rather spend an extra $100 to go play with it, and bring it home, and be able to return it in the same day if needed although I always get a better deal at HHGregg than any online retailers.

Case in point, I got the LG 55LH40 at HHGregg for $1100 tax and all out the door at a time when Best Buy wanted $1800 for it and Newegg and Amazon wanted around $1400-1500 for it. Bought it super bowl saturday, brought it home, it worked that night, next morning it would not stay on, kept power cycling on it's own......and I was able to box it up and return/swap it for a brand new one with hours to spare for the big game.
 
if it were me i'd just pay the extra $150 to get a new one from Amazon. plus you could return to amazon (if you needed to) without any regret. might be a little more touchy returning to a friend. if you're in the mood for some light reading, televisioninfo rates the D6000 very highly: http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/Samsung-UN46D6000-LED-LCD-HDTV-Review.htm

I went with Amazon...the 3 year Square Trade is at ~$150...I am thinking of just skipping the extended warranty (I normally never get extended warranties, but with TVs not having one always makes me nervous).

Edit: The main reason I decided to bite is because the 2012 models (at least the "low end" ones like this) seem to have no new perks and will cost more.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top