Should I be worried?

EET

Limp Gawd
So, I was running at 2.5GHz/~1.48v or so for the past 4 days. It seemed to run ok, and I ran SuperPi through 32M (million?) decimal places (yes, I started two separate exe files and set the affinity to separate cores) without any errors (never broke 44ºC). At 3 or 4 different times (all doing completely different things), the computer would shut off, completely without warning. It happened last night while I was watching a movie and (slowly, 56k) downloading a file. I reset the BIOS to factory, and I'm a little stumped to why this was happening. Has anyone else had this happen? I checked all voltages while I was in the BIOS from the PSU and they all were within .15v variance (.075v ripple?)

32M SuperPi is not the greatest test for long term stability. Try running Orthos for a 12 hours or more. Also you don't say what you have your HTT, NB, or SB voltages/speed at. Any of those other values could muck things up.

I understand, but it still demonstrates that it's at least somewhat stable.

Anyway, I'm still curious, as I'm wondering if I should do some checking on the mating surfaces of my cpu/heatsink. I had noticed a difference when attempting to multitask while OCed. I never had any problems with crashes (outside the power thing) or anything freezing on me, so I think if I can get things sorted out I may go back to a (possibly slightly less) OC.

Back