should i be worried about the "nvappfilter.dll" warnign i keep geting?

spincut

[H]ard|Gawd
whenever i run utorrent i get this warning about nvappfilter.dll being incompatible and if it causes me any problems to get rid of it, now i dont know if thats utorrent or windows making this warning to me, but i dont know what to do about it.

I got this also when I updated my 680i Drivers.

nvappfiler.dll is nVidia's firewall. It's supposedly good as a firewall but if you have another firewall already installed, it's not needed.

For file sharing and BitTorrent, Azureus and uTorrent and I assume others will warn you that the file causes the program to crash.

I don't know if anything bad happens with uTorrent other than an error but when I switched to Azureus it would constantly crash the program.

To uninstall it you have to uninstall the nVidia Network Access Manager which you can do through control panel's add/remove programs (or Programs and Features in vista) or searching your computer for NAMInstall.exe and running that and uninstalling it from there.

well firstly i dont know if the warning comes from windows (seems kind of specific for it do that) or the program itself.

also, i use the onboard lan and i dont want uninstalling this to affect my internet connectivity.

The warning comes from uTorrent, not Windows.

It should not affect your internet connectivity at all, in fact it could potentially increase it and it will in the sense that you'll be able to use BitTorrent, etc.

ok well i uninstalled the "NAM" nvidia access manager, held my breatha and everything did seem ok.

so yeah, if i say, update my forcewhere drivers, i assume that will coem back and i just uninstall it again? is it that simple?

which reminds me, how do i know what version forceware motherboard drivers i have/ their page is justl ike the gfx card driver page but the finding which version number you have for the motherboard isnt as easy ;)

When you install your motherboard drivers, there is an option to install the network manager thingy. I've always turned it off and told it to just install the drivers for the network card.

well thats good, so you generally install everything else though in the mobo nforce pack?

how do you tell btw what version you even have? it's not like its as simple as telling what nforce graphics card driver one has.

Back