• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I be running LLC with C1E/EIST?

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
7,471
Should I be running load line calibration with C1E/EIST? With LLC, I can run slightly lower vCore overall but I've read conflicting posts about LLC and vdroop problems and how it's bad for CPU health to have them going in conjunction to C1E/EIST changing the voltage.
 
I wouldn't. I think most of the confusion over LLC is on some boards the setting was bugged to where turning it on actually was turning it off. On my gigabyte board the setting works as advertised. With out it on I get .06v Vdroop under load. Considering that C1E and EIST are designed to make clock and voltage changes depending on load state, It doesn't sound like a good idea to run them at the same time. They are power saving features and we are trying to make it go faster no?

In other news, my i5 750 clocks well but the memory controller isn't the strongest. I need 1.33Vtt for 4Ghz stable.
 
I am not trying to make it go faster. I am trying to make it go cooler hence the power savings and it's nice for EIST/C1E to drop the vcore as well when it steps down the multi automatically.
 
Back
Top