• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I be expecting more performance than I'm getting?

Momental

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
125
New rig specs:

AMD Athlon64 3800+ 'Venice'
ASUS 'A8N-E' (nForce4 Ultra)
MSI 6800GT PCI-e
Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200.8 NCQ HDD
Mushkin Level 2 PC3200 (2x512) High Performance RAM
Antec NeoPower 480

The system is totally stock and I've done no tweaking whatsoever, but I have installed the latest video and chipset drivers

I ran 3DMark05 and got 5084. I'm not sure if I'm in the ballpark or if by default, that's a little low. I do plan on throttling up the 6800GT to boost performance a bit, but no other OC-ing is planned, really.

Also, I have a Hyundai L90D+. Should I turn VSync off and set the VGA adapter to 'Best performance'? I'm interested in making sure that this hardware is givin' me all its got without stretching it beyond "warranty-friendly" limits. :)

Thank ya!
 
your in ther right ball park. if you turn it to best performance your 3dmark score will go up. but i suggest for gaming and such you leave it on high quality.
 
For benchmarking 3DMark, turn all IQ settings in the driver to off, lowest setting, or application preference (depends on driver). And most certainly turn off VSync.
 
Very cool. :) I had a feeling that, while I may not have hit it over the Green Monster (Sox fan here), I was indeed in the ballpark.

I believe it's the 71.89 driver. I downloaded it Sunday, so I would assume that's the guy.

To sum up when gaming, leave VSync set to 'off', turn the setting to 'High Quality'. Anything else before I jump into a game and set the resolution and such in there?

Since it is an LCD, what advantage is there to turning VSync off? I thought I saw a thread here just last week saying that for LCD's, VSync should be left on. Did I read that wrong? :confused:
 
Back
Top