Should I be concerned with my psu?

robo22

Weaksauce
I currently have a Aspire 500w psu w/blue fans that came with my aspire x-superalien case. The readings that I'm getting for the 3.3v, +5v, and +12v are on average 3.23v, 4.95v, and 11.6v. The 3.3 and the +5 seems fine, but the 12v seems to be way off. I'm not getting any stability issues or anything, but I'm just wondering if I should be concerned with these readings?

It depends on the rated tolerance of your PSU. If it's rated to operate at +or- 8%, for example, then you're fine. Really, though, those voltages seem fine especially if you're not having any stability issues.

...and, if it makes you feel better, those voltages are only slightly looser than my friend's 350w Antec PSU which runs at about 3.23v, 4.97v, and 11.73v. (those voltages are from BIOS)

*edit* Heck, you're just within +or- 5% tolerance with those voltages. I wouldn't worry unless your computer has stability issues.

Are those the voltages your seeing off monitoring software?? alot of times they can be off, check your BIOS for voltages to make sure those are what the rail voltages actually are. If the problem presists then it can be a potential hazard for your hardware and I would suggest getting either an Antec, Thermaltake, or Enermax PSU.

GL:D

you can't always go by a bios voltage reading nor a software based one. Their results can be far off a true reading. Only way for you to know for sure is to test it with a Multimeter I'd be willing to bet your psu is just fine but i would also test it to be safe.

yeah i've tried using motherboard monitor, msi's core center, and the bios readings and they all read the same things. Ok well I'm more relieved now, thanks guys.

Back