Should I be affraid to download Vista SP1?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Been using my mac for 6 months I dont know the latest, is it good?

It's good, get it. Rolls up a bunch of fixes, and incorporates some other improvements - really no downside to getting it.

I remember when I put XP SP2 on my step-father's computer ... it borked it. :)

But yeah, I agree, it's good. I downloaded the stand-alone installer and haven't had any issues at all.

The only problem I had with it on Vista 64 was it after all of the updates were installed, and Vista went to start for the first time, it froze up after logging in and asked for my windows mail preferences. I don't use windows mail and never had. A quick task manager thread kill and all was well...

I've been running SP1 ever since the first public RC. It makes everything seem a bit faster, especially disk access, and fixes a few annoying quirks. I recommend you upgrade.

How long does the "Configuring Updates..." phase last?

I've rebooted twice already and it's really taking a long time for this phase to pass.

Just wondering if I should just go to bed at this point.

How long does the "Configuring Updates..." phase last?

I've rebooted twice already and it's really taking a long time for this phase to pass.

Just wondering if I should just go to bed at this point.

I didn't think your sposed to reboot during it. Or is that phase 3? I dunno it all worked for me just took a while

I just let it do its thing. If I remember right it took about an hour, hour and a half. Long enough to be really annoying.

Back