Should I ask for my money back?

tuffgong

[H]ard|Gawd
Bought a 3000+ Athlon XP CPU from a guy who's literally 2-3 hours driving distance from where I live.

We agreed upon the deal, $65 so I went for it. He's a new trader, or at least that's what his heatware indicates.

So I sent him a USPS money order, regular first class mail and it got there in 2 days. He says he shipped the CPU to me a week and a day ago via regular USPS with insurance, and I haven't received squat.

I told him I found it strange that the CPU did not arrive yet and he states that he went to the Post Office and to let him know if it does not come in the next couple of days (this was yesterday). Today, still no CPU.

Seems like a nice guy and he responds to my PM's. How long should I give him before I ask for my money back? I figure I'll wait till Saturday or Monday. He shipped on October 12th from Bakersfield to Los Angeles.

Thanks

I'm in the Southern California area as well and even if he shipped it first class, you should have recieved it within two days from Bakersfield to LA. Seems a little fishy. I'd give him until Monday then pursue it further. As long as it was insured, though, you should be ok.
Good luck!

Back