Shot in the Dark...anyone ever see this?

Nasty_Savage

Extremely [H]
I've looked on HP, Microsoft and Novell websites for support and can find nothing.

Scenario:
Netware 6 server, Windows XP workstations and Microsoft Word 2000. Cannot print multiple copies to Hewlett Packard Deskjets from Word. Can print fine from, say internet explorer. Two options I found on the Microsoft site was turning off background printing and print directly to printer (no spooling) but I'll be damned if I can figure this out. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Interesting... When I try to print multiple copies of pdfs from Acrobat Reader to a networked HP LaserJet 4000, I only get one copy. No problem with Word, IIRC. Never was enough problem for me to bother investigating further, but Netware isn't involved for me. My OS is Windows 2000. FWIW

Are they the same model Desk Jets? If so have you upgraded drivers accross the board? If so try rolling back to an older version, or possibly upgrading to a newer version.

J said:
Are they the same model Desk Jets? If so have you upgraded drivers accross the board? If so try rolling back to an older version, or possibly upgrading to a newer version.

These are semi older models in most cases. The Bundled XP drivers seem to be a problem, and either the newer drivers do not work at all or thebundled drivers built in ARE the newest ones! :eek: The Laserjets I fixed by rolling back to PCL5E from PCL6 Drivers. Not many options with these though. Most if not all of them are connected via JetDirect boxes too... :confused:

How old is the firmware on the jet direct's (but that is kind of grasping at straw's).

Check settings on the printers before you print in word, like paper tray, copies, etc, etc. I dont really know what else to suggest.

J said:
How old is the firmware on the jet direct's (but that is kind of grasping at straw's).

Check settings on the printers before you print in word, like paper tray, copies, etc, etc. I dont really know what else to suggest.

Firmware is up to date. Like I said, it was a shot in the dark. Its irritating as all hell though since all the teachers and staff at this school are barking at me about it :mad:

Nasty_Savage said:
These are semi older models in most cases. The Bundled XP drivers seem to be a problem, and either the newer drivers do not work at all or thebundled drivers built in ARE the newest ones! :eek: The Laserjets I fixed by rolling back to PCL5E from PCL6 Drivers. Not many options with these though. Most if not all of them are connected via JetDirect boxes too... :confused:

Trying to remember - check in the JetDirect setup to see if there are defaults entered there - number of copies or something.

Maybe try the PostScript drivers.

If you put a different version of office on the machine can you replicate the problem. Also do you have the latest SP for office on the box. If so maybe try rolling it back.

J said:
If you put a different version of office on the machine can you replicate the problem. Also do you have the latest SP for office on the box. If so maybe try rolling it back.

I am so not rolling it back from Sp3 on 600 machines or so, fuckin teachers and staff can keep hitting print for all I care if it comes to that.

Back