short stroked c and d partition where pagefile

automaton

Limp Gawd
I have a short stroked raptor 450gb which partition is the best location for pagefile?

It's been a while since I've seen anything about a short stroked HDD. Place the page file on the 2nd partition. It's best to keep the OS partition low on the fragmentation.

Edit: I guess I got the whole idea wrong... nevermind this

Last edited:
I have a short stroked raptor 450gb which partition is the best location for pagefile?
Pagefiles are mostly very small read/writes, which means you want it where it has the smallest access time. In this case it would be the C: partition.

Also, since you are using a mechanical drive, you should set the pagefile to a static size. I see your sig shows 4GB of memory, so a 4096 MB static page file would be great. I would not go less than this since 4GB can fill up quick on certain things and you need some good spill over space for the OS to page to if necessary.

Pagefiles are mostly very small read/writes, which means you want it where it has the smallest access time. In this case it would be the C: partition.

Also, since you are using a mechanical drive, you should set the pagefile to a static size. I see your sig shows 4GB of memory, so a 4096 MB static page file would be great. I would not go less than this since 4GB can fill up quick on certain things and you need some good spill over space for the OS to page to if necessary.

Hi thanks for reply
I do have the pagefile on c and set to static but at 3 gb
I am also using diskeeper 2011 on auto seems to keep frags low

Back