Short CD Drive?

Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
671
Ive heard a lot about going with short drives, It completely makes sense. However how long are short drives?
 
5". Newegg has a sweet sale on the asus 16x DVD-Burner, 39.99$ w/ free shipping and free 25pk or cd-r's or 10 dvd-r's
 
Well, I currenly have a BenQ 1625, which I was planning on swapping to my new system. Just wanted to see if it was short. If it wasnt Id get a new one. Which it is not. Its 5.75" X 1.65" X 7.8" (WxHxD)

*edit*

So what drive does everyone recommend?
 
Whatever you do, do not get the Sony short drives. Not the readers, not the writers.
I made the mistake of getting one - I forget the exact model, just a DVD-ROM - and it is by far the loudest drive I have ever owned. I have 15,000RPM drives that are quieter. Hell, Delta XHE's are quieter.
 
Back
Top