Shoprunner gone from Newegg?

smonska

n00b
I can't seem to get Shoprunner or the login to come up as a shipping option for any items on Newegg today. Did they finally quit Shoprunner, as they're pushing "Newegg Premier"? Can anyone else get Shoprunner to come up as a shipping option on anything? This really sucks!

This is from a NE rep I chatted with:
"As of today, 12-3-14, ShopRunner is no longer a shipping option on Newegg. It has been removed from the website. I am sorry for this case."

Funny, I've used it once and only at neweggg last month... glad I guess I got my usage out of it.

The Customer reps must have been told later today, I chatted with one around 10:30EST, and she gave me some line about only valid on eligible items, didn't really answer my question about why I couldn't FIND ANY eligible items. What sucks is the Newegg Premier is 3-day shipping instead of 2-day with Shoprunner. Since I'm already a Shoprunner member, I'd have to spend $49.99 all over again too.

I got SR for free from AmEx, but it still sucks.
Oh well, I just ordered my shit from Amazon. I have Prime there.

Also, Tiger Direct is still SR partner and saves you money on taxes if you're outside NY.

Seems like a stupid decision though. Few people order enough from NE to justify $50/year Premier membership and they often have free shipping promotions.
Amazon's Prime makes more sense because of the sheer amount of stuff Amazon sells.

P.S. Just got a call back from NE (finally after an hour) and phone rep confirmed that Newegg is no longer working with Shop Runner. Shop Runner reps don't seem to be aware though since they suggested it may be a website glitch when I called them.

Last edited:
Back