• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Shooting first baseball game tonight any tips?

WesM63

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
3,266
Hey guys,
I'm shooting my first baseball game tonight. Just wondering if there was any special tips, what to shoot or just shoot? I'll be using the 70-210mm F/4 wide open. I played when I was in HS, just kinda curious what I should shoot thou.When I played i didn't care about anything else, just played.

At any rate, i'll post some pics when I get home tonight.
 
Ask the umpire if he minds if you camp out in foul terrirory past 1st base. This will give you the best angle on plays at the plate, as well as right handed batters. It will also give you a decent angle on plays a second and first.

While the pitcher is warming up between innings, jog down near the plate and take photos there.

Have the ISO around 400, or even 800 sometimes, to keep shutter speeds up. (1/320 is probably as low as you want to go... >1/500 is best. I use Av mode with the shutter set at f4)
 
SidewinderX said:
Ask the umpire if he minds if you camp out in foul terrirory past 1st base. This will give you the best angle on plays at the plate, as well as right handed batters. It will also give you a decent angle on plays a second and first.

While the pitcher is warming up between innings, jog down near the plate and take photos there.

Have the ISO around 400, or even 800 sometimes, to keep shutter speeds up. (1/320 is probably as low as you want to go... >1/500 is best. I use Av mode with the shutter set at f4)


Cool thanks! I'll be a little late getting to the game so I might have to make due with behind the fence from 1st. (only about chest hight). I was figuring a higher shutter, but will try lower.
 
Remember to use AI Servo mode so you can track your moving players. If you already knew this...disregard :p

Good Luck.
 
he has a rebel, so you'll have to use sports mode (bleh) to use AI Servo. The higher the shutter speed, the better! (maybe you misread my thing)
 
Bah.. I went to the game but it was partially raning out. I decided not to get the rebel out. :(
 
Back
Top