Shogo:MAD needs a sequel!

Bop

2[H]4U
I recently got this killer rig up and running for my DOS and 3dfx games:

Pentium 2 450mhz
ASUS P2B
256MB SDRAM
2xCanopus Pure3d IIs(12mb versions, oh yeah)
nVidia Riva TnT
Windows 98(non SE :( )

Ain't she a beauty? :p

Well I installed a bunch of games like Dark Forces, Duke Nukem 3d, and Carmageddon. I was looking through my CDs and found Shogo:MAD and I remembered how much I loved that game when it came out. I installed it and started playing a little bit and the game still rocks.

Monolith needs to make a sequel!

It appears not many people know what we are talking about lol.

SiN definitely needs a sequel, one of my favorite games ever. Starseige also needs a sequel badly, or at least a remake. Same with Earthsiege.

I never liked SIn, but Shogo MAD kicked ass. Man that was a great game.

I've also been wanting them to make a sequel. Hopefully, they'll have a decent 'human' vs. 'mech' scenario. The mod for it was a blast. Six 100health people vs one 2000health mech flying around with their grappling hooks (e.g. sky-commanders :p ) makes for an interesting game.

Closest thing they had to a sequel tho was a tech demo for NOLF (Or was it NOLF2) :(

Shogo:MAD was a very cool game, with a lot of style!!

What hurt it was it was released around the same time as Half-Life, and overall 1998 was a banner year for FPS games... Unreal, Thief, Rainbow 6. The Lithtech engine was not as advanced as the Unreal or Quake 2 engines, so the game got negative marks for not being as advanced in reviews, what that had to do with gameplay I don't know. Also Monolith was not a big name publisher, so I am willing to bet there was not as much PR/Marketing behind Shogo. Anyway my point is that Shogo kinda got lost in the noise of the other games that year. It is by far one my favorite FPS titles.

Since I mentioned 1998 here is IGN's 1998 GOTY List

EDIT: Removed Heretic 2, my bad, was thinking of Heretic 1.

^hey, if you still have it I'd be willing to give your $10 for it..........

heretic 2 wasn't really an fps...........but whatever. it was still fun:D

Hmm, never played this before so I am downloading the 43mb demo :D

But as for other old school games, lets get some rise of the triad and jump jet on that beast! :p

link to demo if anyone else wants it...

EDIT: just remembered a really old school game, If anyone remembers the game Spectre (I am 99% sure it was called that), it was a game that was like all lines, so it was like 2d, and you were a tank and shot other tanks, that game was the BEST!!!

EDIT2: OK, Shogo is extremely fun! It works on XP believe it or not. Everyone download the demo and let’s see if the multiplayer works! :p

You'd think that with the Lithtech engine doing as well as it did that we would get a sequel wouldn't you?

csims said:
You'd think that with the Lithtech engine doing as well as it did that we would get a sequel wouldn't you?

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: Maybe somebody'll be nice enough to make a mod of it in the new engines? :)

EDIT2: Wanna petition to monolith? ;)

Shogo ranks right behind HL1 and HL2 as my favorite FPS shooter ever...

I never really liked SIN, the MP was ok, but the single player part of the game was boring...

Sin really had no chance to shine, it was one of the first FPS games to come out post HL.

I loved Shogo too and Sin.
I remember getting a P2 450 with a STB 16 mb tnt card, downloading the Shogo patches and thinking " This is the shiz "
I loved the Shogo intro music. Remember?
This is making me want to format the wifes P3 850, Abit BE6, 384mb ram, GF2 GTS pro running XP and install Win/98.
Would Shogo run on XP?

Bloefield said:
I loved Shogo too and Sin.
I remember getting a P2 450 with a STB 16 mb tnt card, downloading the Shogo patches and thinking " This is the shiz "
I loved the Shogo intro music. Remember?
This is making me want to format the wifes P3 850, Abit BE6, 384mb ram, GF2 GTS pro running XP and install Win/98.
Would Shogo run on XP?

the demo does, see my previous post, Im running smooth @ 640x480 :p ;)

bountyhunter said:
how about Heretic? I loved all those old doom clones

Heretic II was anything but a Doom clone. The first one of course was. But you're right another game from the Hexen/Heretic series would kick ass.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Heretic II was anything but a Doom clone. The first one of course was. But you're right another game from the Hexen/Heretic series would kick ass.

wasn't Heretic made by id? It isn't really a clone then...

(Looks at Shogo disc) That game rocked. I stayed on my computer many hours playing HL, Shogo, Unreal and Re-Volt. Shogo and Re-Volt badly need remakes or sequels.

I use to watch the opening sequence every time, never skipped out of it. Loved the anime theme. I agree awesome game that everyone should play.

Heretic was made by Raven (soldier of fortune)...........using the doom engine. so it's a doom clone:D

Heretic 2 was like 3rd person........great game, very fun, and pretty damn original from what I can tell.

Man I thought for the longest time that no one played Shogo. I loved that game. I used to switch between it, Blood 2 and Half life.

I wonder if I still have those discs laying around somewhere.....................

Uncle Toxie said:
Man I thought for the longest time that no one played Shogo. I loved that game. I used to switch between it, Blood 2 and Half life.

I wonder if I still have those discs laying around somewhere.....................

There was a sequel to Blood? (That is if I'm thinking of the right game. The horror FPS where you went around killing zombies and stuff?)

csims said:
There was a sequel to Blood? (That is if I'm thinking of the right game. The horror FPS where you went around killing zombies and stuff?)

Blood 2: The Chosen?

Shogo was fantastic! I'd love to see a sequal, prefrably with less division between "in mecha" and "out of mecha" stages. I'd like to see you be able to choose and be able to jump in and out of your robot at will to take different paths through the level and collect secrets

Shogo MAD is (in my humble opinion) one of the greatest and most underrated games. Great game and awesome intro. music

would be fuckin nice !
I tried to play it on my XP Mobile @ 2.5ghz with a BFG 5900NU modded...and well the sound couldnt keep up with the graphics LOL
Im still waiting on another sequal to Shadow Warrior and Blood...hell Red Neck Rampage would be amusing :p

csims said:

Sure was: http://www.the-chosen.com/

It even had the video for a Type O Negative song on the disc. It used the same version of the Lithtech engine as Shogo, they came out at about the same time if I remember right.

shogo is one of the funnest fps i played its right up there next to systemshock 2

Blood had a second edition "Blood 2 : The Chosen" however it was no where near as good as the origanal. So we need a "true" sequel :)
Also Shadow Warrior was the shit we need a new one too

"They know you're coming"
"Good, then they'll know who killed them"

"I am just doing my job, sir. Please be nice to me"

Yes, that game needs a sequel.

I have Shogo:MAD, played it when it came out (Once they patched the serious texture issues on Nvidia cards) at 640x480 on my crappy PC.

When I got my Radeon 9700 the VERY first game I played was Shogo:MAD at 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF. It was so sweet it was like chocolate cake made entirely from frosting.

I have an x800XT-PE now, but it just hasn't been long enough since I last played it, so when my new card comes in (BFG 6800Ultra OC, technically for my wife but I will probaby give her my card and put that one in my PC for awhile) I am probably going to have to "Go Shogo:MAD" all over again.

The best mod for Shogo was... * tries to remember the name*. Hell, the one where 1 person was a mech and everyone else was dinky little people trying to blast him. Kind of like kill the man with the ball.

Shogo MAD is fuggin awesome. They really should make a sequel with that engine they're using for F.E.A.R.

Back