Shoes that make you walk 250% Faster

OK I watched some of the video. Interesting, but the jacked up sidewalks in my neighborhood would be a disaster.

I can see the mailman getting it done in record time and the employer rewarding him with more work.
If the mail depot actually tracked in some way how long it took them to deliver the mail, as it stands you finish doing it early you're still paid for your whole day of work, no one is going to say "Hey give me more to deliver."

If the mail depot actually tracked in some way how long it took them to deliver the mail, as it stands you finish doing it early you're still paid for your whole day of work, no one is going to say "Hey give me more to deliver."
The company is going to give him more to deliver, as a reward for all his hard work.

I keep reading this thread and can't help but thinking about PF Flyers.

PF-Flyers-Ben-SPREAD3F.jpg

The company is going to give him more to deliver, as a reward for all his hard work.
I'm just saying that's not the way how it currently works, I know people who are mail carriers and they bust their ass to get all their work done as quickly as possible because they get paid for the day regardless of how fast or slow they work

I'm just saying that's not the way how it currently works, I know people who are mail carriers and they bust their ass to get all their work done as quickly as possible because they get paid for the day regardless of how fast or slow they work
The mail carriers I have seen the past few years park their vehicles and haul ass on foot up and down 2 blocks, then rinse and repeat. My guy says hello and hands me mail personally with a smile if I am in the yard. Hard working folks.

The PO I visit twice a day, is on sundial. They walk slow. Talk slow. Type slow. Everything is sideways. I send notices out in town and it takes eight days to arrive- its a twelve minute drive. The people they have working there are barely a notch above useless.

I send notices out in town and it takes eight days to arrive- its a twelve minute drive.

My PO is a 'satellite', so everything outgoing, including local mail, is sent to the home PO and sorted out there. Doesn't take eight days usually, closer to three or four, depending on if things miss the truck or not. Our usual letter carrier is pretty nice and does a good job, though; usually brings the mail to our door (the snack and drink stand for delivery people helps a lot). Too rural to walk though; at my last house, the letter carriers all parked and walked, too close to drive, and no mailboxes at the street.

The PO I visit twice a day, is on sundial. They walk slow. Talk slow. Type slow. Everything is sideways. I send notices out in town and it takes eight days to arrive- its a twelve minute drive. The people they have working there are barely a notch above useless.
Well post offices are different jobs than mail carriers, mail carriers are not "on the clock" in the traditional sense, in the actual 'office setting' there's no incentive to move fast you get paid for the hours you are there, mail carriers are given a stack of mail that represents a days work and they get paid for the day regardless of how fast or slow it goes.

Cool concept for people in NYC but Id be afraid of trying to stop within 4ft and I roll into an intersection while a car decides to run a red. You would be helpless

For something that is intended to be used on a busy city sidewalk (san francisco, new york), they sure went out of their way to NOT demo it anywhere near a real situation like that. They'd really need a special lane to not crash into people, as it seems impossible to really dodge while walking. Or did I miss something?

For something that is intended to be used on a busy city sidewalk (san francisco, new york), they sure went out of their way to NOT demo it anywhere near a real situation like that. They'd really need a special lane to not crash into people, as it seems impossible to really dodge while walking. Or did I miss something?

Lol no this would work fine in NY, go full speed and if anyone hits you it's their problem and their fault, just keep going

That has to be super niche that these would help. In my area they walk through yards house to house (suburbs), the city side walks they’d faceplant from cracks/potholes, and rural they drive mailbox to mailbox…. And if any mailboxes are up steps (city) I am not sure how that would work.

And the risk of getting hurt probably outweighs any time savings in the ideal environment.

Back