SHOCKER: Duke Nukem Forever delayed, again...

After it's 10th death, when they resurrected it again last year I swore I wouldn't buy it no matter how good it is... they don't deserve the money at this point. Look at all these other game companies that crank out new engines & games every few years... 3DRealms can't even use the Unreal engine to throw some content in...

It's not a joke and I don't doubt that article that they will never release Duke, They are just out to milk investors for money and retire.

When DNF does get released, everyone is going to think the game is a disappointment.

They'll get it out. I kinda liked the commercial, at least they are trying to throw some humor on it rather than a paper delay. It's meant to keep some peeps from getting sand in their vagina, which unfortunately sounds like some of the people in this thread have it anyway. Meh. I'll buy when it gets cheap.

It's meant to keep some peeps from getting sand in their vagina, which unfortunately sounds like some of the people in this thread have it anyway.

No it sounds like almost everyone in the thread expected it and aren't at all mad about it.

Just a couple weeks ago at PAX East, DNF had a huge booth there promoting the game (Duke babes and all). They must have spent some change on the booth. What's the summary of the link, do they give a time frame on the delay? I can't get to it from my work.

Last edited:
I think this is just an attempt at making fun of 3d realms and all the delays duke nukem has had.

Just a couple weeks ago at PAX East, DNF had a huge booth there promoting the game (Duke bades and all). They must have spent some change on the booth. What's the summary of the link, do they give a time frame on the delay? I can't get to it from my work.

June 10th for international people and the 14th for North America.

I think this is just an attempt at making fun of 3d realms and all the delays duke nukem has had since sites like gamestop still show it coming out in may.

Store release dates really don't matter. Gamestop and others have been wrong for days after a release day was announced or changed for a game.

June 10th for international people and the 14th for North America.

Store release dates really don't matter. Gamestop has been wrong for days after a release day was announced or changed for a game.

Thanks for the info!

Thank God, for a minute there I was really getting worried this game was actually getting released. Now I'm looking forward to next month when Gearbox will announce the game is being totally redone on another game engine. Thank you Gearbox for keeping the tradition of Duke Nukem Forever alive at any cost even if it means you go out of business! I was worried you were going to screw things up, but now you have totally earned complete respect from me and I'm sure the rest of the gaming community as well.

Why did they switch the North America and International dates? International was 3 days later, now it's 4 days earlier?

Enough said. Shortened to 'nuff. You didn't get that? Unless I'm not getting your post...

Meh, it's just a month delay. It's been 14 friggen years(!), one more month isn't going to kill me. Plus it spaces it out from Portal 2 nicely (which may have been a consideration).

That said, they probably won't get another 'free pass' on this.

While the delay is irritating, the way they handled it I thought was pretty funny. I can wait another ~2 months for duke. It does kind of feel like the game is delay cursed, though :p

They had to delay DNF to add some Adonis DNA, F-18's, Tigers Blood, Charlie Sheen and a huge dose of WINNING!!! DUH!!! to the game.

So, the delay will be worth it.

Thank God, for a minute there I was really getting worried this game was actually getting released. Now I'm looking forward to next month when Gearbox will announce the game is being totally redone on another game engine. Thank you Gearbox for keeping the tradition of Duke Nukem Forever alive at any cost even if it means you go out of business! I was worried you were going to screw things up, but now you have totally earned complete respect from me and I'm sure the rest of the gaming community as well.

FTW right here. This made my day, thanks! :D

They had to delay DNF to add some Adonis DNA, F-18's, Tigers Blood, Charlie Sheen and a huge dose of WINNING!!! DUH!!! to the game.

So, the delay will be worth it.

Meh. Charlie Sheen stopped being funny when he stopped being insane and started being a lame-ass star capitalizing on his former insanity.

Win :p

It has to make another years vaporware awards. This time it should actually qaulify instead of being the defacto winner because some of us got to play it.

/thread

That game is gonna suck anyway. Probably gonna be just another console port.

Shouldn't be a console port. The game was nearly complete (supposedly) when Gearbox got it and Gearbox started work on the console versions from there (at least I think).

Shouldn't be a console port. The game was nearly complete (supposedly) when Gearbox got it and Gearbox started work on the console versions from there (at least I think).

Ok, don't tell me things like this or I might start looking forward to it...

Back