Shipping from Canada to US

Codegen

Gawd
I'm just wondering, is there any red tape that I'd have to go through to ship parts to the US from Canada?

I have shipped many package from Canada to US and it is exactly as shipping whitin Canada. They (canada post) will ask you the content of the package and the actual value. Shipping with a carrier like FedEx, UPS or Purolater is much more complicated since you often have to make a custom declaration as per NAFTA, certificate of origin, comercial invoice, put your hand on the holy bible and say you swear... :rolleyes:

Para

Yeah, there's only thee post offices here:

1. Canada Post
2. Canada Post
3. Canada Post

So I don't have much of a choice :p

So basically what you're saying, is that it isn't much different other than having to declare what the item is and the value?

Codegen said:
Yeah, there's only thee post offices here:

1. Canada Post
2. Canada Post
3. Canada Post

So I don't have much of a choice :p

So basically what you're saying, is that it isn't much different other than having to declare what the item is and the value?

Yep. With Canada post. With other carriers, like I said, they ask you to fill some NAFTA documents and it is more complicated. Not that complicated once you know. The last time I sent my P4C800-E to RMA dept in USA, I had to fill a custom declaration and the carrier (UPS) needed to make sure that the product's origin was not made in a country on US "black list", like Iran, Cuba and such. Lots of politics involved for a simple shipment ;)

Para

I always ship with canada post, sometimes it's cheaper, sometimes it's more expensive but always less hassle. Especially when going outside the country. There's no brokerage fees with it either.

Yes, Canada Post for me as well. No hassle, close post offices and no form shit :)

Back