Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Fire Emblem Credit.

///AMG

2[H]4U
If you guys already have FE: Awakening and are interested in SMT IV then nintendo is offering a $30 credit on the eShop if you get both and register on club nintendo. I just got SMT IV today and already got my $30 to spend on Project X Zone lol. Just a heads up for those that didnt know.

So I own FireEmblem

I buy SMT4

I register them both

I get 30 bucks credit?

I'm buying it regardless I own every SMT and love them all.

So I own FireEmblem

I buy SMT4

I register them both

I get 30 bucks credit?

I'm buying it regardless I own every SMT and love them all.

yup. All you have to do is register them. Even if you already own FE and did the registration before. Just gotta do it by august something. $30 is free as a thank you from Nintendo. I can confirm because I bought FE a month ago and just got SMT IV today and got the credit today.

yup. All you have to do is register them. Even if you already own FE and did the registration before. Just gotta do it by august something. $30 is free as a thank you from Nintendo. I can confirm because I bought FE a month ago and just got SMT IV today and got the credit today.

Hot.

Not only do they give us 2 bad ass games which are both worth well more then their cost they also add 30 bucks on that.....get them fire emblem maps.

Hot.

Not only do they give us 2 bad ass games which are both worth well more then their cost they also add 30 bucks on that.....get them fire emblem maps.

I agree. This is the stuff that I can get behind with on nintendo. WiiU I just cant. Fire emblem maps are pretty decent. The last one on Lunatic/+ is stupid hard. Can't wait to put 70+ hrs into SMT as I did with FE:A.

I agree. This is the stuff that I can get behind with on nintendo. WiiU I just cant. Fire emblem maps are pretty decent. The last one on Lunatic/+ is stupid hard. Can't wait to put 70+ hrs into SMT as I did with FE:A.

The fire emblem maps are actually pretty bad for the cost.....and being on the hardest difficulty right now makes them a complete fucking monster sometimes....all though I'd probably pay twice as much that is how much of a fan I am.

Too me its all about the games. I never have really cared about consoles.

I hated the concept of the wii.....however they released Fire Emblem thus I bought it.
I hate the concept of the wii-u ....However they will release Fire Emblem so I'll buy it.
........I likely won't be able to say the same about xbox1 or PS4.

This genre is dying and I'll support is as much as I can.....Ever since Shining Force I knew TRPG's were my favorite genre. Ever since Phantasy Star I knew RPG's where my second. Everything else is a complete after thought to me.

Can't wait to dive into SMT4.

This kind of gives me an excuse to pick up a 3DS XL and both games. Quite a tempting thought. Been a while since I've played a Fire Emblem game. I think the last one I played was the Wii one (the one that was a sequel to Path of Radiance, can't remember the name).

This kind of gives me an excuse to pick up a 3DS XL and both games. Quite a tempting thought. Been a while since I've played a Fire Emblem game. I think the last one I played was the Wii one (the one that was a sequel to Path of Radiance, can't remember the name).

you have only missed out on 2 of them since then. This one on the 3ds and another on on the D2 you could get them both.

If you like dungeon crawlers Etrian Odyssey is my favorite crawler of all time.

Devil Survivor is a RPG / TRPG that was remade on the 3DS.

PSP and DS were better than all consoles for RPG's
Vita and 3DS are likely to be the same....assuming you have some income you're likely to get both eventually.....Vita is having a bit of a slow start but it'll pick up.

Smart move OP.
Project X Zone is overflowing with fanservice, and just a damn fun time. The game is LOOOONG, btw.
(The prologue is 5 chapters(+- an hour by itself!)

Did SMT4 come out today? Awesome. Should be here before the weekend :)

I don't know about SMT. I'm considering it, but I never got around to playing any games in the series. On the other hand, I never cared for Fire Emblem until I played Awakening.

So now I own both Fire Emblem and SMT4 how do I get this 30 bucks?

I was looking around in the DS store thinking it would be in there but I guess not. Is it through Nintendo's website?

Anyways the game is pretty bad ass. Standard SMT all the way through....the entire time I am playing it all I can think of is OMG this would be amazing and so much better on the Vita.

So far in terms of story-line this falls a bit behind something like Persona 4 but I'm still engaged for the most part.

Just found my first relic but haven't used it yet.

I was looking around in the DS store thinking it would be in there but I guess not. Is it through Nintendo's website?

Anyways the game is pretty bad ass. Standard SMT all the way through....the entire time I am playing it all I can think of is OMG this would be amazing and so much better on the Vita.

So far in terms of story-line this falls a bit behind something like Persona 4 but I'm still engaged for the most part.

You have to register at club.nintendo.com, and then register Fire Emblem and the SMT 4 game. You'll fill out some 5 minute surveys for each, and recieve the credit on the club.nintendo site. There, they'll give you a $30 code to enter into the 3DS' eshop (seems like it can be used on the Wii U too) and give you instructions how to do so.

The relics you find are just for macca, they are automatically sold when you go a shop.

This is really my first SMT game (I own Persona 3 FES but only played a couple hours). I'm really enjoying it, but I really feel like this game is Demons/Dark Souls punishing, or worse. If you whiff on an enemy's weakness or they get first strike, you can get wiped. In any case, it's a really great game.

The relics you find are just for macca, they are automatically sold when you go a shop.

This is really my first SMT game (I own Persona 3 FES but only played a couple hours). I'm really enjoying it, but I really feel like this game is Demons/Dark Souls punishing, or worse. If you whiff on an enemy's weakness or they get first strike, you can get wiped. In any case, it's a really great game.

I agree, quite punishing. Specifically if enemy gets first strike, some of them have the attack all elementals and will do it twice which can knock out half your team easily. The bosses are super punishing if you dont answer correctly as well. Some relics are for quests such as a LED light bulb. Most of the relics you find will be sold for macca. Such as jewelry. I havent found a relic I can use yet.

I agree, quite punishing. Specifically if enemy gets first strike, some of them have the attack all elementals and will do it twice which can knock out half your team easily. The bosses are super punishing if you dont answer correctly as well. Some relics are for quests such as a LED light bulb. Most of the relics you find will be sold for macca. Such as jewelry. I havent found a relic I can use yet.

Pretty sure I have found a relic you can use. Have you guys reached the quest with the priest yet? Don't really want to say what the relic is as it is a bit of a spoiler.

Na its not as bad as Dark souls because you can save at anypoint and as much as you want.....at least its not that hard yet. Dark Souls starts out hard and gets easier...SMT starts out easy and gets harder. Having played every single SMT game I pretty much have the demon summoning down to a science so that helps me as well.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I have found a relic you can use. Have you guys reached the quest with the priest yet? Don't really want to say what the relic is as it is a bit of a spoiler.

Na its not as bad as Dark souls because you can save at anypoint and as much as you want.....at least its not that hard yet. Dark Souls starts out hard and gets easier...SMT starts out easy and gets harder. Having played every single SMT game I pretty much have the demon summoning down to a science so that helps me as well.

Which priest? I am in tokyo.

Is smt4 like the soul hacker one? I got it with the 3ds xl i scored and do not like soul hacker that much.

Is smt4 like the soul hacker one? I got it with the 3ds xl i scored and do not like soul hacker that much.

yeah about the same. This is leaps and bounds better but they game play and style is essentially the same. Soul Hacker was a remake from a Sega Saturn so they have improved things since then so it depends on what you didn't like about the game.

Which priest? I am in tokyo.

Well considering I haven't made it to Tokyo I'd say you got far enough...thinking about it I may be mistaking relic for artifact...one with bullets.

Well considering I haven't made it to Tokyo I'd say you got far enough...thinking about it I may be mistaking relic for artifact...one with bullets.

Oh ok, that one. If you are around that area make sure to talk to the demons, one of them has a quest where you can fight sun wu kong and get the fusion for him, plus you get a pretty decent sword.

I personally like this more than Person 4, maybe it was because P4G took soo long to start and was so tedious where as this got right in. I put 20hrs in already and I get frustrated some times but this is one of my favorite dungeon crawlers ever.

I'm really liking the demon fusion thing, it just sucks you have a limited stock and are level capped on the fusions. I know some people say this isn't a grindy game, but I end up grinding just to get demons to whisper or learn new spells before I fuse them into something else. I may finally hunker down and play Persona 3 portable after I finish this one!

I'm really liking the demon fusion thing, it just sucks you have a limited stock and are level capped on the fusions. I know some people say this isn't a grindy game, but I end up grinding just to get demons to whisper or learn new spells before I fuse them into something else. I may finally hunker down and play Persona 3 portable after I finish this one!

I think it's a grinding game too, but in a good way. The game doesn't force you to gind, but you get rewarded when you do.

I think it's a grinding game too, but in a good way. The game doesn't force you to gind, but you get rewarded when you do.

I agree with that; you definitely don't HAVE to grind, but you usually want to because:

a.) the battle system is rewarding
b.) MOAR DEMONS

The negotiation system can be capricious at times, but here's what works for me:

Answer the demon's question, and once you get to the negotiations where they ask you for stuff: 1. Refuse, 2. cheat, 3. End negotiations.

This has worked for me more times than I can count. It fails sometimes, but if you do it again, it should work. YMMV of course, but it's hilarious how effective it is.

The game is grindy and I think at some point it will force you to grid because of the difficulty.

I think skimming through the game, which I have been, will only work for so long before you get none stopped curb stomped.....thinking back at SMT Strange Journey that is how that game was.

I love this game play so while it is a grind I like it. In fact I like the battle system more then the story and its what is keeping me playing when normally its the story the keeps me grinding.

Yea level capped fusions suck. But you can expand your stock for a mere 5 app points per stock later on. I am not sure how far you can go with that, but I have bought 4 so my stock is up to 12. I cant wait to get to level 40 so I can make wu kong. So far so good, just have to remember to save more often. I also am not sure if there will be a NG+.

Lots of good games for the 3DS now. I picked up Fire Emblem and SMTIV from Newegg with the Google Wallet $15 off $50. I also got the Target 30% off 2 games coupon so I'm thinking Animal Crossing and Project X Zone.

I picked up Project X Zone with the $30 eshop credit, it's only $34.99 on eShop. Animal crossing is pretty awesome, I didn't think I would like that kind of game though.

I picked up Project X Zone with the $30 eshop credit, it's only $34.99 on eShop. Animal crossing is pretty awesome, I didn't think I would like that kind of game though.
Have you pushed any of the critters around, or smacked them on the head with your net?

if anyone buy this and not fire emblem , we could work something out :D

so what is everyone take on the game so far? i think ill pick it up

Fire Emblem is real good if you like turn based games like FF:Tactics and X-Com.

I haven't started SMTIV yet.

I did get Project X Zone and its kind of a fun mindless game. Its turn based as well, but it has real time button mashing fighting in it.

SMT4 is a beast.

Got stuck on a side quest and couldn't beat the boss...
Got stuck on main quest and couldn't beat the boss...

Does one of the stats give defense or more HP? I put it all into Magic at 85 magic now.

SMT4 holds no interest for me. I wish there was a demo , considering its a $50 right now I'm not willing to drop so many bones on a game I'm not totally into.

I started playing shin megami tensei soul hacker( was on the 3ds i bought) I have to say it grows on me more i play it. Thats why im interested in smt 4

SMT4 is a beast.

Got stuck on a side quest and couldn't beat the boss...
Got stuck on main quest and couldn't beat the boss...

Does one of the stats give defense or more HP? I put it all into Magic at 85 magic now.

Put some points into agl and luck, I do a 3/1/1 split at each level up. As long as you have 2-3 demons with the boss's weakness, you should be okay.

Back