• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Shell Shocker FAIL

wjogert

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
3,108

WTH NewEgg???

I watched this keyboard two years ago (same exact model #) go on sale for as low as $16.99. But, I chose the Eclipse II instead.

Then I finally bought one in Jan 2009, as a shell shocker deal.
WAS: $29.99 TODAY: $21.99 (free s/h)

Not as cheap as I had seen, but my father-in-law REALLY wanted me to find him a decent illuminated keyboard.
I also wanted a second one for my daughter... but could only buy 1 at shell shocker pricing. I have been waiting for a decent sale ever since.

So what makes the "suggested" retail worth $20 more, 18 months later??
It's not even the Eclipse II or the new Eclipse III model !!! This is the original Eclipse!!

I swear, NewEgg must have the only computer accessories that actually go up in price as they become old technology :rolleyes:
 
LOL, I just looked through my order history...

I paid $34.99 for my Eclipse II keyboard (on sale), and that was only shortly after it came out.
 
trying to get rid of old products without going under cost prob.

no need to rage lol
 
WTH NewEgg???

I watched this keyboard two years ago (same exact model #) go on sale for as low as $16.99. But, I chose the Eclipse II instead.

Then I finally bought one in Jan 2009, as a shell shocker deal.
WAS: $29.99 TODAY: $21.99 (free s/h)

Not as cheap as I had seen, but my father-in-law REALLY wanted me to find him a decent illuminated keyboard.
I also wanted a second one for my daughter... but could only buy 1 at shell shocker pricing. I have been waiting for a decent sale ever since.

So what makes the "suggested" retail worth $20 more, 18 months later??
It's not even the Eclipse II or the new Eclipse III model !!! This is the original Eclipse!!

I swear, NewEgg must have the only computer accessories that actually go up in price as they become old technology :rolleyes:

Newegg has manipulated pricing numerous times for Shell Shocker deals. While some of the deals are good, you need to really double check every Shell Shocker and make sure they are not just trolling for suckers.

Anyway that $32 price is not too bad compared with other retailers for that keyboard.
 
yeah, its still a popular keyboard, but now its a lot harder to find. its like how the Q9550 i still like $275 everywhere when it should definitely be below the $200 price point.

but yeah i havent bought a shell shocker in like a year except for the magic wand for my gf. ;) they just cant be competitive with td, zzf, etc for some reason.
 
there's always some nice person in most good ShellShocker threads who remembers the old good price, I like those people.
 
Back
Top