Sharp Aquos IP spoofing

I just purchased a Sharp Aquos Quattron LC-70LE845U with SmartCentral user interface
and I can not access any apps because I live in Puerto Rico which Sharp says is not part of the United States. I don't really care if it is or isn't but I do want to check out the apps because right now its not really a smart TV and I kinda feel a little jipped. Any way I want to spoof the IP to think that it is in the United States. However I don't think that I can go the software route because Sharp has its own operating system and browser so I don't know what would be compatible. I'm using a D-link DGL4100 router if that information is useful. Thanks

I think you'd have to spoof your external IP address, which would require something like a proxy or VPN.

If your router is compatable with DD-Wrt I think you can do that (?) though I'm not sure.

After some reading I discovered that While a Spoofed IP would trick the TV in to thinking It was in another location my ISP would reject the packets. So I think I may have to look elsewhere for a fix or just build a sweet HTPC and drive on. Thanks for the insight on DD-Wrt that got me to the info I needed.

Back