Sharp Aquos 52inch 1080p $1699

how do these compare to the panasonic plasmas?

i read on cnet that they do not have a uniform image across the set which worries me

all lcd's have that problem. some worst than others. usually its not noticeable. this is the lcd i want and its getting close to my magic price, 1000-1500 :). maybe by black friday :D

man they keep getting cheaper and cheaper, im hoping to hold out more towards fall to snag one

I realllly wanna convince my dad to get a nice LCD. We still have those first Gen 1080i hitachi rear projections.

Just bought the 46" version of the Aquos. Outstanding picture quality especially with the black colors. Much better than the other brands I was looking at doing my research. Movies look great on my HTCP along with COD4 multiplayer.

Add something like this to save some cash. There are a ton on ebay so you may be able to find one cheaper.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow that is a crazy price! I have the 42" version of this TV and the picture is excellent. I'd love to have this sucker in my living room.

when i clicked on the link, it shows it for $1801.98, thats still pretty close to the $2k

i retract this post - as i didn't realize it was the 52 inch being posted.

this is a good deal.

I got the same model before X-mass, $2500 delivered, and I love it. At this price it is a steal, assuming they don't pwn you with shipping. It makes a nice monitor for web browsing on the DVR rig, too (turn off the auto-contrast for the PC input; this is selectable per input). My only complaint is the 7-10 second lag switching to an encrypted HDMI link, but that could be my vid card/drivers rather than the set?

100+ for a cable? YESSSS!!!!

Reminds me of when I was looking for a DVI cable. Best Buy and KampfUSA had them for 40+. Newegg.com sold me one for $9 shipped.

Just bought the 46" version of the Aquos. Outstanding picture quality especially with the black colors. Much better than the other brands I was looking at doing my research. Movies look great on my HTCP along with COD4 multiplayer.

I've got the same one... Incredible TV... anyone wanna buy it? I'll sell it for 1500 with the two year war that I bought so I can get this 52" :D

It seems that Sharp LCDs are plagued with banding...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=884301
Good price if you are not fussy about the image quality.

if you actually go threw and read some of the post, not all are bad, it states that the newer ones don't have the banding problem, so you could be taking a gamble, you might get an older one, or the newer one, and most people are satisfied with either. there are ways to make the banding not so noticeable.

Meh - I returned the previous models 46" due to banding. I didn't see it initially, then once I did (after I had stopped looking for it!) I couldn't stop seeing it.

I got a panny plasma instead, and have been very happy - though I sometimes get irritated with the "precharge" noise that's in the darker toned areas if I'm sitting too close.

You pay your money and deal with your imperfection - nothing is perfect.

BB

I have the Sharp Aquos 46" (LC46D64U) and love it! beautiful to look at and good quality.

if you actually go threw and read some of the post, not all are bad, it states that the newer ones don't have the banding problem, so you could be taking a gamble, you might get an older one, or the newer one, and most people are satisfied with either. there are ways to make the banding not so noticeable.

Oh trust me the banding problem is still there. Even on the high end SE94 line. I'm a Sharp banding vet with six different banding sets between the D62 and D92 lines and the replacements I received from Sharp. I will say Sharp CS is topnotch but it doesn't matter if they can't deliver a quality product. I think the Samsung 52A550 is a much better buy and can be had for about $200 more.

Back