Sharp 26" LCD TV Recommendations!

hongsc

Limp Gawd
Okay I have some questions regarding this LCD TV. First there seem to be quite a few different models, which one should I get? I only want to use it with my divx, dvd and get some local HD OTA broadcasts; no cable, which the display has a built-in digital tuner. Can I use the Radioshack HDTV antenna and be done with it or do I need something else? It will also be used as a console gaming display. I'm new to this so any help would be a appreciated. My budget is about $1200 hopefully less.Thanks!

P.S. If there is a display better than this with a built-in digital tuner LMK.

Here is my sharp:

picture1ev.jpg

Currently being replaced under warranty for a dead line of vertical pixels in the middle of the screen.

When I had it, I loved it. However, I never used it for HD on-air broadcasts.

Also takes a lot of tweaking to get colors, clocks and phases correct.

Make sure you get the LC-26D5U model if you want a digital tuner for HD.

I only used it as a PC monitor and it was kick-ass.

It will also work nicely for Xbox 360 and PS3 as it has component/DVI-I/ HDMI inputs.

1080p LCDs are just around the corner. I am buying a Benq 37" 1080p monitor as a computer store SAYS they will have them in stock as of oct 10th.

We'll see. :)

I have my eyes set on the 37" westinghouse 1080p LCD monitor. Is this the perfect value priced HTPC + Console screen or what? (I dont even bother to watch regular TV anymore but if I were I could always buy a tv tuner)

Maybe I should wait a week and see. Are Benq and Westinghouse good companies? Is the 37" even in my price range? I saw other 37" LCD TVs and they were over $2000 easy. Any other opinions before I pull the trigger on the Sharp? My budget is $1200 tops as I grabbed these prices off pricegrabber.com. Thanks!

Back