Sharing my speaker recommendation

ncantador

Gawd
I recently picked up a set of these Boston Acoustics BA7900's at a discount price (111.00 shipped to NJ from Directron) and they sound terrific.

Listened to Marvin Gaye DVD-Audio disc and his voice comes through smoothly and clearly, and with a mellowness that was not there with my klipsch gmxd's.

Gunfire and explosions were handled easily by the 8" woofer included at very high volume settings while playing FarCry. Very good bass extension although a little boomy, but that problem can be overcome with placement away from corners .

And Movies also sounded spectacular. I highly recommend these for anyone looking for a really decent 5.1 set at a great price.

aZn_plyR said:
how long did they take to get the product to you ?

Directron... assuming they have what you are looking for in stock usually takes about a week, which is just about standard at most e-tailers.

ncantador said:
Listened to Marvin Gaye DVD-Audio disc and his voice comes through smoothly and clearly, and with a mellowness that was not there with my klipsch gmxd's.

do you really find that a fair comparison???
test them up against the Promedia 5.1's or 5.1 Ultra's... i think ull find a much more fair comparison... as the GMX klipsch's were a flop as far as sound quality goes..

Vapor1000 said:
do you really find that a fair comparison???
test them up against the Promedia 5.1's or 5.1 Ultra's... i think ull find a much more fair comparison... as the GMX klipsch's were a flop as far as sound quality goes..

Wow, how did this come back up I posted this so long ago. Anway, yea at the time I thought it was a fair comparison, the price that I paid was 110.00, the GMX's were about 150.00 and the a set of PM5.1's at that time set you back 399.00.

The Bostons have minimal coloration, and present a fairly wide soundstage for a speaker that sits on top of your desk. Bass is quick and precise, if not as extended as promedias. If these speakers were still available today, and at the price I got them, I would still be recommending them over the PM5.1 ultras. Which tend to be a bit to forward for my taste. My brother has the ultras and even he admits these were a better value.

BTW, directron had them at my door in 4 days, that was with regular shipping. Never a problem with them.

Back