Sharing appstore purchases with iPod Touch & iPhone

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

To complement my purchase of my iPhone, I bought an iPod touch. The reasons behind it are irrelevant, but for those curious, I wanted a device to play games, check e-mail, browse the web, pull up maps with, etc. without chewing up my iPhone battery. I also could use the extra storage for music (64GB iPod Touch vs. 16GB iPhone 3GS).

Anyway, now that I have an additional device, I need to share my application purchases - that I've already made on my iPhone - with my iPod Touch. I have no desire to use iTunes to do this however. I should be able to login with my iTunes account and download the applications I've already purchased, without repurchasing them. This is not how the AppStore app is working however, as it's threatening to charge me again, with a "Buy Now" button.

So, I'm really sick of the whole "sync" idea around iPods and iPhones ... I don't want there to be any association between a "library" and a "device." I simply want to copy music, videos, apps, configurations, whatever, without tying it to a program or library.

---

Is there a desktop application, similar to CopyTrans, Media Monkey or DoubleTwist that will simply let me copy one or more applications from my iPhone over to my iPod Touch?

well the reason it is going to charge you again is because if you've never synced the touch to your computer it won't be authorized .... if you authorize the device with your account then you should be able to download already purchased apps or music to your touch .... it may still say buy now and install but you should get a pop up that says you've already purchased this application this will be a free download or something of that nature

as long as you use the same account, it won't charge you twice. Even though it says "buy now" when you dl the app it'll say something to the effect of "you've already purchased this item, click okay to download it again for free". Try it with a cheap app if you're concerned.

Sweeeeeeeeet! Thanks guys! It's too bad they don't present this better to the end-user.

Back