Sharepoint 2010 Install Question

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
When you do a clean install of Sharepoint 2010, are you given an option to choose what drive/partition you store the actual content and databases on? I'd love to be able to do so and specify the D drive. The Server OS is 2008 R2.

I've never been given that option. Are you going to install the free Foundation 2010 or paid Server 2010? The free version has a built-in database similar to MS SQL Express, but with more functionality beneficial to Sharepoint. The paid version will ask you where your SQL database is located.

After you install Sharepoint, you will be able to detach your database and move it to another drive and reattach it in the Central Administration control panel.

I'm not familiar at all with the free Foundation 2010, but I should definitely look into that. This is inistally going to be a test server, so I was going to use my TechNet license, and if I am happy with it, I'd buy a real license for it in Jan. But, I'm going to read up on the Foundation 2010 now...thanks for the suggestion!

Would I be able to detach the DB in either product?

Back