Shared video graphics memory in vista?

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Look at picture.

Could someone explan? This wasnt in XP at all was it? Or does it mean that I have 256mb graphics memory? I'm pretty sure my card has 256mb anyway.

lol, i was going to say it was the agp aperture, but since you said it already has 256mb, maybe its a driver bug?

Yeah what is that? Mine says the samething for my 7900 GT.

Total Available Graphics Memodry: 527 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
Shared System Memory: 271 MB

According to MS:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/graphicsmemory.mspx

"Shared system memory is a portion of the system memory that can be used by the graphics subsystem when needed. For discrete graphics adapters, this type of memory is often referred to as “non-local video memory”—that is, far from the GPU. The shared memory is available to other subsystems or non-graphics applications when it is not being used by the graphics subsystem. Thus, it is never guaranteed to be available for graphics because it could already be in use."

Look at picture.

Could someone explan? This wasnt in XP at all was it? Or does it mean that I have 256mb graphics memory? I'm pretty sure my card has 256mb anyway.

What does the card's bios report at boot-up for the cards physical memory? It will appear (usually in the top left corner of the screen) right before the motherboards boot screen.

Back