Shall we make a FAQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeViLdUdE said:
For misterX:
What do you mean without an ampli?? So that means its possible??

Which part are you confused about?
You cannot connect unamplified speakers to your sound card and expect them to work without something to amplify the very low....line level signal. :D

????
I don't understand :confused:

By the way, would you mind editing your sig so that it conforms to the forum rules?

Well I want to hook up those speakers(5.1s) that are usually for Home theater setup(like those standing tower speakers and subs) to my PC instead of those usual computer speakers that you can buy off logitech klipsch creative etc. So my question there is... is it possible to hook them (HT setup speakers/sub) up. And then you said something about amplifiers that I really didn't fully understand....

So my question there is... is it possible to hook them (HT setup speakers/sub) up.

Yes, it is possible but you will need an amplifier or receiver or something cause you cant simply connect loudspeakers directly to a sound card. It is not powerful enough to drive them.
Understand now?

What are the speakers connected to now?
A receiver?
An amplifier?
Or????

I have none yet... first I was considering buying Logitech's 5500 or Klipsch 5.1 Promedias or the 5.1 Gigaworks. Since I read part of this thread where I saw I think that they hooked it up to a comp (HTPC I guess) that's when I got a lil bit interested in hookin up those kind of speaker/sub setups. Do you have any recommendations under $600 (5.1s). I see a lot in Frys' ad cept I don't which are best of best in that price range.
Thx for dealing with my newbiness to HT sound setups.

zachary80 said:
What question? I am looking for a way to distrubute the .iso to the masses.
I guess a big rar file is to easy or something?
lol

Do we still need a server for the drivers?

I am about to host a torrent for us if we need it. The rar'd driver package is 120 megs. I have 2gb of bandwidth at my disposal every day so as long as it's kept to this forum and others share, things should be okay. The links in the tutorial seem to work though.

Torrent has been removed, check the tutorial for links. Those links are going to work just fine :p

In the interest of prompting someone to finish this.. ;)
I performed a mass cleanup on this thread.
Feel free to yell at me in private for removing your posts if you feel it is warrented. :p

Added...

Do I need that funny cable that connects my optical drive to my soundcard?

No. It's an obsolete means of transmiting audio from an optical drive. Modern versions of Microsoft Windows support digital audio extraction, which makes the analog cable redundant.

I have a suggestion for an addition to the how to ask for help part

Do not ask us about a product and then only provide a link to said product. :rolleyes:
Please tell us what said product is so we do not have to waste our time trying to figure out what you are talking about.

I hate that. :p

Next addition:
I just bought some 5.1 speakers but when I play back Mp3s they only play out of the front speakers should I return them?

I will as soon as the boss is done kicking my behind for removing all of those posts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back