Shall I give it a Neutral or Negative heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalvin37

Limp Gawd
I bought an AMD gold reward game coupon through a FS thread here. The seller says it can be delivered either electronically by sending the code or mailing the physical coupon. I told him in the pm that I want the game coupon to be sent in the mail. He didn't reply anything about it so that I assumed he agreed to do so.

However, he eventually sent me the game code. I request a refund instantly and the answer by the seller is a no. He only agrees to mail the coupon to me with the code area being sratched off already.

Is this worth a Neutral or Negative heat? Thanks for your opinions!

If the ad stated it was your choice I think that deserves at least a neutral. If he changed his mind and decided not to mail it to you he should of given you the option of a refund before sending you the codes.

I am the seller involved. I must have missed his request to send the card in the mail WITHOUT sending the code 1st. I dont believe he requested that to occur specifically. I was going to do both, as he didnt specifically say he wanted the card in the mail WITHOUT scratching off the code.

So, mis-communication. My apologies. I always honor refunds, but obviously the buyer now has the code and I cant refund him while ensuring he doesnt "accidently" use it.

If you send him the code via PM/EMAIL and then MAIL it to him, whats the problem (providing the game code works and hasnt been used)?

If you send him the code via PM/EMAIL and then MAIL it to him, whats the problem (providing the game code works and hasnt been used)?

Yes, I agree. Persoanly I think the buyer is bad and the seller is fine. If the seller gets a neutral or negative so does the buyer in this case IMHO.

Yes, I agree. Persoanly I think the buyer is bad and the seller is fine. If the seller gets a neutral or negative so does the buyer in this case IMHO.

Lol how exactly is the buyer bad? He didn't receive his item as described. Maybe he wanted to sell it at a later date, give it as a gift, sell it with his own video card or return a video card to newegg and doesn't want to pay their $100 penalty for returning it with a used rewards card. Who cares what he planned to do with it. How would you feel if you purchased a laptop that was listed as new and sealed and when you got it the box was opened? It may be in new condition and never used but it wasn't what was described to you. I'm sure your first thought wouldn't be I'm a bad buyer if I complain.

Well "llmercll" edited the post. I have no clue to what was posted to begin with. Most on here just want the code pm'd to them after the purchase. And or get the code pm'd and then send the code card through the mail. I'm not sure if he thought you may have wanted it pm'd and scratched the code off or what happened. But that would be my idea on what happened.

Did he telly you he scratched the code off and was going to pm you the code? And then perhaps mail it out to you. You and him are the only two that talked about it. Did you ask him has he scratched the code off before you bought it? Or told him to do so and pm the code to you before he mailed it out?

Again there is a lot of missing information. But depending on what you two talked about pm. That would decide the outcome there. Pm the guy this thread and allow him to tell his side also.

I bought an AMD gold reward game coupon through a FS thread here. The seller says it can be delivered either electronically by sending the code or mailing the physical coupon. I told him in the pm that I want the game coupon to be sent in the mail. He didn't reply anything about it so that I assumed he agreed to do so.

However, he eventually sent me the game code. I request a refund instantly and the answer by the seller is a no. He only agrees to mail the coupon to me with the code area being sratched off already.

Is this worth a Neutral or Negative heat? Thanks for your opinions!

Well, it sounds like there was some miscommunication , but you did get what you paid for..
The code is scratched off so a refund would really be risky on the sellers part.

if your intention was to use it, then I'm not sure what the problem is , if you had other intentions, then that info might help us understand your dilemma , but as it stands, I think either no feedback or a positive is warranted

Well "" edited the post. I have no clue to what was posted to begin with. Most on here just want the code pm'd to them after the purchase. And or get the code pm'd and then send the code card through the mail. I'm not sure if he thought you may have wanted it pm'd and scratched the code off or what happened. But that would be my idea on what happened.

Did he telly you he scratched the code off and was going to pm you the code? And then perhaps mail it out to you. You and him are the only two that talked about it. Did you ask him has he scratched the code off before you bought it? Or told him to do so and pm the code to you before he mailed it out?

Again there is a lot of missing information. But depending on what you two talked about pm. That would decide the outcome there. Pm the guy this thread and allow him to tell his side also.

I have no idea what you are talking about...the seller responded above .... llmercll is not even involved in this trade

The reason I put "llmercll" was because when I searched for all th op's post. That was the first one that came up with a AMD golden game bundle. Which was on 08-31-2013. for that matter "magik20" doesn't even show in the threads he posted in. As I'm guessing the op just sent a pm on it.

So that was my reason for thinking it was the other person. I actually skipped right over magik20's post as I thought it was just another person posting. That was my reason as you can ell I didn't notice the seller responded by my post and again I thought it was someone else. I made a mistake on the post. So hopefully everyone will know now why.

I have no idea what you are talking about...the seller responded above .... llmercll is not even involved in this trade

I have owned most of the games myself. Plan was to keep the coupn until new titles being added to the reward system. I could either gift it or simply resale it down the road if the new ones are not hot. Anyway, argument is that (1) I'm not going to use it in a short time. (2) I'm not going to use it myself.

Back to the communication part, I just specified I want the coupon in the mail. Whether code should be scratched off and sent via pm/email was not mentioned. I guess that's where the mis-communication came from.

Sounds like simple mis-communication and a positive or no heat is appropriate IMO.

being a code seller in the past i make it my number 1 rule to never give refunds for codes that were sent out as theres always a chance the buyer will use it or resell it elsewhere

just give the guy a + and call it a day....they only deserve a neutral or neg for giving you nothing

i've had codes expire as well so it may not be the best idea to sit on it for too long

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain I saw this for sale thread, because I also was thinking about getting a code to hold and see what comes available in the next couple weeks. I interpreted it as the code in the mail would be unscratched. So it's a tricky subject and hopefully something can be worked out.

I interpreted it as the code in the mail would be unscratched.

nobody is disputing that if it was sent regular mail it would arrive unscratched... the issue as it stands is the code was sent through email which means it must be scratched and the buyer was expecting it through regular mail.....that's where the communication broke down and without seeing the actual PM's we have no way of knowing why it broke down

nobody is disputing that if it was sent regular mail it would arrive unscratched... the issue as it stands is the code was sent through email which means it must be scratched and the buyer was expecting it through regular mail.....that's where the communication broke down and without seeing the actual PM's we have no way of knowing why it broke down

The seller is disputing that saying the buyer should have stated he didn't want it scratched:

I am the seller involved. I must have missed his request to send the card in the mail WITHOUT sending the code 1st. I dont believe he requested that to occur specifically. I was going to do both, as he didnt specifically say he wanted the card in the mail WITHOUT scratching off the code.

So, mis-communication. My apologies. I always honor refunds, but obviously the buyer now has the code and I cant refund him while ensuring he doesnt "accidently" use it.

At the same time the seller could still have the code and "accidently" use it. That is why I said it's a tricky issue and hopefully they can work something out between each other.

All right. Below is the pm excluding personal info

kalvin37 said:
Hey,

Would you do $50 shipped for both of the game coupons? I'd prefer them being mailed to me btw.

Heat under kalvin37.

magik20 said:
sure that works, thanks!

my paypal is "XXXX"

kalvin37 said:
Payment sent. My shipping address:

XXX
XXXXXX
XXX

Should be in the Paypal info as well. Thanks!

magik20 said:
someone bought 1 rebate before you sent your money

so if your still interested ill sell the one for 25 as promised

ill refund your money now

I re-sent the payment of $25 for one game coupon.

So ask him to mail you the game coupon. Problem solved. Are you reselling it? If not, it really shouldnt matter much honestly if he mails you the code as well.

Did the code work?

You obviously missed my post above.
So ask him to mail you the game coupon. Problem solved. Are you reselling it? If not, it really shouldnt matter much honestly if he mails you the code as well.

Did the code work?

Based on the feedback here, I'll go with a no heat decision. Thanks again for all your time and posts. Thread can be closed.

I honestly think game codes doesn't deserve feedback to begin with. As the seller really doesn't have to do anything that normal sale would need to be done. No packing the item, going to the carrier to mail it off. A simple pm and you got a heatware feedback. Now people just starting out has 80+ of nothing but virtual game sales under their heatware. If anything heatware should note what kind of item was sold and label that as a virtual sale. Also wished they add the link to the thread where the transaction happened. But again this is only my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back