Shadow Warrior 3

imsirovic5

Limp Gawd
Looks like its officially happening, first tweets with pictures, teaser trailer may be imminent:

https://twitter.com/ShadowWarrior

1593799709651.png

1593799726215.png

Last edited:
Actually really enjoyed 2013. Tried playing the one after that but couldn't get into it. Seemed to be more melee focused and the weapons looked too silly to me. Will probably have to try it again.

But SW 2013 was actually a solid FPS. No open world, simple unlock/progression, no fetch quests, mission based, and map designs that were unique enough to keep things fresh.

Looks like they finally released teaser trailer, also they noted release date of Dec 31, 2021 on steam - so we are quite far from the release (unless there is Epic exclusivity we are not aware of). In addition, I noticed on steam page that this will be a single player title? If so, this would be more in-line with original 2013 reboot, rather than loot driven co-op sequel.

Looks like they finally released teaser trailer, also they noted release date of Dec 31, 2021 on steam - so we are quite far from the release. In addition, I noticed on steam page that this will be a single player title? If so, this would be more in-line with original 2013 reboot, rather than loot driven co-op sequel.
Looks like just a placeholder at this point.

Interview with the developer:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/shadow-warrior-3/story

Some highlights:

Confirmed Single Player Only: We planned Shadow Warrior 3 as a single-player game focused on over-the-top action and our charismatic protagonist from the very beginning. We believe that a more streamlined level structure, less complex upgrade system and putting the player in the role of that single hero who is up for the task of saving the world, works better for the story we want to tell with this game and the spectacular action elements we’ve prepared for the players.

Return to more constrained amount of weapons: Shadow Warrior 3 goes back to a more traditional approach for player loadout more suitable for single player action-packed campaigns. Thus it includes a more refined set of weapons and abilities, but each piece has its meaning within our combat space. Also, the upgrade system for acquired equipment goes back to a much simpler form – we didn’t want it to be too complicated so that it does not draw players’ focus from the action element of the game.

Humor has been sanitized to reflect current sensitivities: When re-designing Lo Wang we made a conscious decision to update him as a younger, more switched on character that would be more appealing to today’s audience and shifted the humour more toward pop cultural references that Players can relate to, like movies and video games. Humour is an integral part of the series, and we never want to lose that, but both we and Devolver agreed back in 2012 that much of the “humour” in the original game simply doesn’t belong in the games we make today.

Humor has been sanitized to reflect current sensitivities: When re-designing Lo Wang we made a conscious decision to update him as a younger, more switched on character that would be more appealing to today’s audience and shifted the humour more toward pop cultural references that Players can relate to, like movies and video games. Humour is an integral part of the series, and we never want to lose that, but both we and Devolver agreed back in 2012 that much of the “humour” in the original game simply doesn’t belong in the games we make today.
pussies.

Some highlights:

Confirmed Single Player Only: We planned Shadow Warrior 3 as a single-player game focused on over-the-top action and our charismatic protagonist from the very beginning. We believe that a more streamlined level structure, less complex upgrade system and putting the player in the role of that single hero who is up for the task of saving the world, works better for the story we want to tell with this game and the spectacular action elements we’ve prepared for the players.

Return to more constrained amount of weapons: Shadow Warrior 3 goes back to a more traditional approach for player loadout more suitable for single player action-packed campaigns. Thus it includes a more refined set of weapons and abilities, but each piece has its meaning within our combat space. Also, the upgrade system for acquired equipment goes back to a much simpler form – we didn’t want it to be too complicated so that it does not draw players’ focus from the action element of the game.

The Humor was never really good it's pushed on you it's like fake sitcom laughing in the background on TV.
Duke Nukem is funny and so are the characters in Borderlands. Serious Sam humor is bland point on dialogue.

Some highlights:

MAn, I really liked the cooperative aspect. Its so hard to find fun co-op FPS games that arent hide-behind-cover military sims

Some highlights:

So sad.. Giving this one a hard pass.

I may be in the minority here, but I much preferred the looter-shooter aspect of Shadow Warrior 2. And the rest of the game description just sounds kinda generic. I hope they revisit the Shadow Warrior 2 formula in a future title.

Also, they may want to consider renaming it Shadow Justice Warrior 3 or SJW3 for short.

Last edited:
Someone thinking they are so woke said:
When re-designing Lo Wang we made a conscious decision to update him as a younger, more switched on character that would be more appealing to today’s twitter and shifted the humour more toward pop cultural references that Resetera can relate to, like movies and video games. Humour is an integral part of the series, and we never want to lose that, but both we and Devolver agreed back in 2012 that we are going woke.

Fixed that for them.

PS: I never was a fan of Shadow Warrior, the only good part of the game was the humor in it, so if they "sanitize" that, then what remains?

I only played the original build version which I liked quite a bit and the 2nd one of the reboot and found it quite lacking, maybe it's just me but I found the guns to be pretty weak ended up beeing more of a hunt for more ammo then actually killing stuff.

Maybe I would like this one better gameplay wise but if they clean up the humour not sure it will still be worth it.

I'm more disappointed by the lack of co-op than the changes to the character or humor. Guess wait for a sale, no room in my backlog until later.

Graphics are very impressive, gameplay looks pretty solid. The video has me concerned about the game structure though - too many cutscenes (hopefully just for the demo/start of the game?) Also noticed some pretty major performance drops connected to the blood splatters. Hopefully it turns out well though, I really enjoyed the previous two games.

Yeah the structure is like whatever goes goes which could work the ai isnt humanoid this time around.

LoL, they are straight up ripping off Doom's gameplay mechanics....still liking what I am seeing.

The year is already half over, when are they going to announce the date it's available other than "Coming in 2021"?!?

Yeah that looks like the modern Doom games. You enter an "arena" and kill a bunch of enemies. The 2013 game was more like a regular FPS like Half Life or Metro 2033/Last Light. Not sure I like what I see.

I preferred their more open area, looter shooter approach with character skills and progression. Hope they use that formula again in the future.

Back