Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur VI 4K PC Gameplay

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
NVIDIA is teasing what is in store for Tomb Raider and Soul Calibur fans with beefier rigs. The framerate in Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks a little rough at times, but the coastal environment seems thrilling enough to look at. Weapons-based fighter Soul Calibur VI, rightfully, appears to offer a rock-solid 4K 60FPS experience.

very interesting very dark can't see much trailer footage :rolleyes: but this is one of two titles I'm patiently waiting for (this and Metro Exodus). It has repel ... nice

Tomb Raider has a posted release date of Sept 14, 2018

Just went to STEAM and dropped $70 for pre-order for the middle of the road version (Deluxe) makes this the second game ever, that I paid full price for (other is Overload [Decent]) will do the same for Metro Exodus because I've been waiting for a while now and i think it will be worth it.

Last edited:
SOTTR looks pretty good. This series has been pretty relentless on GPU's so far so this looks to be the same. My wallet's already hurting. . . .this, Cyberpunk, Metro, Bard's Tale, and maybe even Red Dead all in the next 9-12 months. Probably going to need to pick up another 500GB SSD for 'em too.

Very excited for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I do a lot of my PC gaming (especially third person single player games) in the living room on a curved 65" Samsung 4k TV. Non demanding games I can play at 4k, but when the frame-rate get's rough I go to 1440p. I honestly can't tell the difference in resolution at that distance from the TV. Obviously on a monitor that's two feet from your face, it's a different story all together.

Be nice if they slowed down her hair, flapping like mad in some of it.

very interesting very dark can't see much trailer footage :rolleyes: but this is one of two titles I'm patiently waiting for (this and Metro Exodus). It has repel ... nice

Tomb Raider has a posted release date of Sept 14, 2018

Just went to STEAM and dropped $70 for pre-order for the middle of the road version (Deluxe) makes this the second game ever, that I paid full price for (other is Overload [Decent]) will do the same for Metro Exodus because I've been waiting for a while now and i think it will be worth it.

I really hope the grimdark treatment pans out well... it often doesn't. The tone of the first two were just teetering on the line between fun and masochism: hopefully this isn't too far over the edge.

Be nice if they slowed down her hair, flapping like mad in some of it.

Gotta show off that "proprietary" NVidia tech! Hairworks all the things!

Back