• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Shader tester for HD6950?

Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
2,173
Hello everyone,

So I grabbed a Sapphire Toxic HD6950 2GB about a month ago, and finally am getting around to overclocking it. I flipped the on-card switch to to the 6970 BIOS and my system boots just fine, and GPU-Z and TriXX shows 1536 unified shaders unlocked :).

I played BF3 for about 45 mins and all of the sudden the video card locked up, forcing a reboot. I'd like to isolate whether or not the unlocked shaders are to blame. Is there an application that can easily test all shaders?

Note that I'm currently at stock speed for the card, and I'm using the stock dual-slot cooler.
 
just run furmark for about 20 minutes and see if it starts artifacting. if it does or the system locks up then you know the unlock is the problem.
 
Back
Top